Home Forums Everything about everything else 20A Hobbywing Skywalker ESC

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Pat
    Participant

Hi. I am building my own tricopter using component that I already have. I have 3- 20A hobbywing skywalker ESC’s. They have not been flashed and was wondering if I can use them as is. I will be learning how to flying the beginning, so does it really matter if they are flashed?
    Pat

donnyb
    Participant

I have them on mine, and there unflashed. I haven’t had any problems out of them. I’m not in to doing stunts or tricks I just float around nothing fancy.

Pat
    Participant

Thanks for replying. That’s good to know. I have researched a lot about it and thought that everyone flashed their ESC’s. I would like to know how too, so in the future I can flash them to see if there is a difference.

donnyb
    Participant

I did buy some simonk esc from value hobby. They are very responsive to your radio command. But I did have some problems with them not getting along with the flight controller(gtpower S1), lol all most took off the pinky when I disarm. The standard hobbywing do have a lot of options if you buy the program card. One of them is low battery cut off. A lot of people cut this off but like it. The simonk esc I bought don’t have any options other than setting up the throttle and I did get a battery very warm. I’m still kind of a noob. But I would like to learn to flash some stuff also.

mmemetea
    Participant

I’ve built recently a tricopter (mostly 3d printed with a custom yaw mechanism). Due to a mistake of mine, the SIMON ESC I’ve ordered didn’t went with the order, I’ve only been able to put my hand on those Hobbywing Skywalker 20A (Not the scumwalker as they call the counterfeit ones).
    I’m still a noob, but I did notice a slight improvement after flashing them with BHeli. The tricopter seems a little more reactive than before.
    I had to disassemble the Arduino that comes with my 3D printer (Prusa i3 Hephestos) to flash them!!!
    This is the tutorial I followed:
    * http://www.olliw.eu/2012/owsilprog-tutorials/

Good luck…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about everything else’ is closed to new topics and replies.