Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    skt73
    Participant

After a few succesful LOS flights I landed my fresh Mini Tri obviously with the integrated F3FC and PDB plate and lost 5v to the rc rx and servo. The FC LEDs still light up when connetced via usb but I cannot get it working off the batt supply. I opened it up and checked and reflowed all my solder joints but found that the comnponent marked ‘V5’ has most definately popped. Cant really see why. I used the servo from the Rcexplore site with the feedback line etc. Def a clean build. Just seems to have popped at that moment in time.
    I’m confident I can replace the component if anyone can 100% confirm the component and a likely place of purchase so I can try get hold of one.I’ve attached a pic of the damaged component. I dont know that its the BEC but I know in the V4 build vid David says it up front in the plate separator near the baro. I’m doing the maths and feel it prob is it.
    Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

– Scott

Attachments:
    Chadwick
    Participant

The component is an AO4407A switching mosfet. Where you get it really depends on where you are. Could always check eBay

skt73
    Participant

Awesome mate. Thx for your reply. Do you think this is the cause of my loss of 5v issue?

Chadwick
    Participant

It’s a switching mofset, so it is likely, but I couldn’t say for sure. From my electronics knowledge it seems that it would be right.

sscott
    Participant

Digikey stocks that part for $0.62

skt73
    Participant

For those that helped out… I got a MOSFET from ebay and soldered it in….sorted and flying like a boss.

Thanks fellas.

– Scott

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about the Mini Tricopter’ is closed to new topics and replies.