Home Forums Everything about the Mini Tricopter A glimpse of the RCExplorer mini tricopter by David Windestรฅl

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Terje

It’s actually neither. It is just a temporary setup made of 2mm plywood to practise flying the tricopter mini FPV racer. There is a AGP national event in Aalborg, Denmark on August 9th in which I’d like to enter with a tricopter. If @David has his design ready for purchase by then, I’ll enter with one of those (but have to practise beforehand) otherwise I’ll just enter with the plywood edition ๐Ÿ™‚

With Mobius and 1300mAh 3S lipo it weighs in at about 604g. In comparison my ZMR250 with a similar setup weighs in at 609g. So with one less motor and propeller I need to be 25% better than the guys flying quads…

2ma
    Participant

Outch… That is why we need 25% more power to be equal ๐Ÿ™‚

LeoTheHuman
    Participant

@2ma, I’ll try to answer your second question. To roll successfully you need a few things:
    1. Build up an upwards momentum. Try to start flips when your copter is flying upwards with a reasonable speed.
    2. Flip fast. Higher RC rates help with that.
    3. Lower the throttle when you don’t need it. You don’t need it when your craft is tilted more than roughly 45 degrees from the upright position. So, 3/4 of the flip the throttle should be barely above minimum.
    4. At the end of the flip, approximately 45 degrees before upright position, throttle up as if you are aborting a failed high speed landing. Because, essentially, you are! (;

JustMe
    Participant

Any updates about the new mini?

Still working on it. I’m not 100% happy with it yet.

The motors and ESC’s have showed up though and they look great ๐Ÿ˜€

Been crazy busy over here lately but I hope to get it done soon

Terje

Having trouble fitting a GoPro on it without making it too wide and tall?

Are you putting the motors and ESCs in the shop, or waiting for the mini to be ready?

LeoTheHuman
    Participant

@David, have you ever thought of putting unfinished product in the shop, marking it as an alpha/developer version clearly, so people wouldn’t buy it if they don’t want to tweak it? I’d love to see the work in progress and I don’t mind buying it a couple extra times. It shouldn’t be too expensive for you if you’re still making final versions of the kits yourself.
    I’m sure I’m not the only one. And we could also give you feedback if you want it. (:

Chadwick
    Participant

@David can’t wait to see the finished product. What version are you at now?

@LeoTheHuman That’s not a bad idea! A beta package ๐Ÿ˜€ Hmm might do that in the future ๐Ÿ™‚

Terje

@David If you are eventually going to sell motors and ESCs for the mini in your shop, put them in the shop now and start getting some revenue on those while you work on the full package? Only downside: You might run out of stock before the mini is even ready ๐Ÿ™‚

LeoTheHuman
    Participant

@David, I want the side plates already! I’m finally learning to really fly the tricopter instead of just hovering and I realized my batteries are in danger. (:

kajaken
    Participant

Hi Guys and Girls. Kajaken here. Here are some pictures of Rcexplorers new mini tricopter ๐Ÿ™‚

2ma
    Participant

It looks great ! But where sis you find those picture ? Are you an industrial spy? ???? I can’t see very well because I am using my phone but is it only for a Mobius or it can carry a gopro ? Also can you choose the angle of the camera ?

kajaken
    Participant

I took thos epictures in my workshop ๐Ÿ™‚ Im no spy. Im an old friend of David and teampilot for RcExplorer MiniTricopters ๐Ÿ˜€ sorry for the small pictures. The frame (in its present revision) can house a mobius, a GoPro Session in the HD cam space. Also an ordinary GoPro can be used mounted on top with the original gopro mount.

FPV cam can be adjusted for angle and it takes all sizes of boardcams used for FPV. On the prototype in the pictures an Effio-V 800TVL cam is mounted.

FPV cam is well protected by the verticle side plates.

BR, Kajaken

2ma
    Participant

So you are not Bond, James Bond ? ๐Ÿ˜€ thank for the informations ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about the Mini Tricopter’ is closed to new topics and replies.