Home Forums Everything about the Tricopter V4 About the AFRO 30A ESC…

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Omar
    Participant

I ordered the AFRO 30A ESCs from Hobbyking.
    http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__39708__Afro_ESC_30Amp_Multi_rotor_Motor_Speed_Controller_SimonK_Firmware_.html
    Looking at its manual I found this:
    The AfroESC 30A has a lightweight BEC, capable of about 0.5A, which should be sufficient to power
    most flight boards, but not servos. A dedicated BEC is recommended where servos or other
    devices are used.

I would like to know if the BEC is strictly necessary. As in the V3’s recommended setups it doesn’t mention that for this ESC.
    Thank you!

Robert C
    Participant

The BEC’s are linear, which means they can work together no problem. So if you hook up all three ESC’s that should give you 1.5A. It is not much, and you should probably power the video transmitter directly off the battery, but it should be no problem. I am using the 20A Afro’s on my V3 and haven’t had a problem (yet).

Correct me if i’m wrong.

Tiernan85
    Participant

I’m using the 30’s also. I initially had the same question. I was told the same as above so Robert is correct though and you’ll be fine. Had a good few flights on mine now with out any problems.

Omar
    Participant

Thank you, Robert C & Tiernan85. This really helps!

Yep, the 0.5A is enough when you use them together 🙂

Omar
    Participant

Great. Thank you, David!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about the Tricopter V4’ is closed to new topics and replies.