Home Forums Everything about everything else Anyone know of a good balsa trainer?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    epic
    Participant

I’m looking for plans, or a kit under 30$ for a balsa trainer that could be glow or electric. I think it’s time to graduate from my foam board planes. I saw this one: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__20966__Idol_Laser_Cut_Kit_890mm_KIT_.html

But idk.

Thanks! ~epic

hsamuels
    Participant

A good trainer is bigger than that – maybe around 60″ wingspan. Join a club, and most likely somebody will have one sitting in the basement that you can buy inexpensively.

donnyb
    Participant

Hi Epic!
    20 dollars seems cheap for the kit,but you have to buy covering like monokote and trim and hardware that might cost a bit more than you think. I’ve built a couple balsa kits like the gentle lady and the aerostar40. Monokote is not the easiest thing to work with, and you might have to buy a extra roll and the iron made for it to have a really nice covering. I would go to your local hobby shop and ask them questions on how complicated and expensive it might be.

epic
    Participant

Yes. I understand that. I just want the balsa pieces. I understand that monokote costs a lot. My friend has the tools because he recently spent 300$+ on a very nice cub. I just want some cheap balsa kit that is pre cut out.

donnyb
    Participant

Actually since you have a friend in to it, that makes a big difference. I looked up your link and looked at the laser kits and there is some really neat planes. I actually like the gliders. But you know if your build it, you can modify it! Sometimes if you see a kit on a website you can look on you tube and see if anyone reviewed it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about everything else’ is closed to new topics and replies.