Home Forums Everything about the Tricopter V4 AR610 on F3FC board

Tagged: , , , ,

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    rickersred
    Participant

@branbepic
    yeah – i knew about the DX7 gen1 and no compatibility with telemetry. that’s why i went with the 4648. yes, i don’t really like how we are more or less forced into getting new tx but that really is the evolution of technology. unfortunately it is costly.

rickersred
    Participant

@BranBepic
    yes the gen1 DX7 does not support telemetry so i went with the SPM4648 which is a little cheaper. looks like the connector needs to be changed to plug into the header on the V4 – no biggie.

ps. i do wish i had some desolder wire to switch from 5V to 3.5V makes life easier 🙂

rickersred
    Participant

@branbepic
    yes the gen1 DX7 does not support telemetry so i went with the SPM4648 which is a little cheaper. looks like the connector needs to be changed to plug into the header on the V4 – no biggie.

ps. i do wish i had some desolder wire to switch from 5V to 3.5V makes life easier ?

Attachments:
    BranBepic
    Participant

Yes desolder does help out a lot, i’ve had success lifting one end with a tiny flat head then using tweezers to pull of the other end, if you go back to the pics where you got that one from in the I2C location theres 3.3v I would measure to be sure I don’t see why that couldn’t be used!

doensi
    Participant

Hi
    just want to attach my newbie question in this post

I am using an old DX6i and want to connect a receiver to the F3FC Racing 36x36mm Flight Controller.

1. What receiver should I use?
    2. Is there any general description how to connect this thing (I mean more in a way of a video tutorial or a manual) because I have to mix some things I have left on my workbench.
    3. would it make sense to switch to Turnigy Evolution Radio right away?

Thanks

rickersred
    Participant

1. there has been some good suggestions on page 1 of this thread.
    2. i’ve purchased the spm4648 (no telemetry) and hopefully will get that connected soon; should be fairly straight forward
    3. you’d have to search this forum for popular tx and compatibility

rickersred
    Participant

i must consult with the higher powers (aka: the gods of rc multirotor)
    @branbepic
    sorry for reviving an old thread. believe it or not i’ve just gotten around to installing the SPM4648 and thought i had the wiring correct but apparently not. i know how the auto-bind works and can’t get it to bind.
    disclaimer: i have no idea about F3 boards so that’s likely the problem
    attached is my connection based on the setup video. any ideas as to what i’ve done wrong?
    edit: i am using a DX7 (first gen)

edit: binding accomplished.
    my receiver remains lit up and seems bound. no tx inputs are seen in cleanflight or on the tricopter.
    disregard the spm4648 photo. wiring is corrected

question: if you don’t short any bec pads is it an open circuit or 5v?

Attachments:
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about the Tricopter V4’ is closed to new topics and replies.