Home Forums Everything about the Tricopter V4 Arm caps for V4

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    wynnsquad
    Participant

Hi all,

I finally had time this weekend to start building my V4. What an awesome copter and a fun/straightforward build! The new F3FC definitely makes things clean.

A slight mod that I thought I’d share is adding some 3D printed caps to the inside ends of the folding arms. In David’s build he uses some heat shrink to protect the wires from wearing where the arms fold. I’m sure this method is adequate and works great, but I also think the heat shrink costs your wires some flexibility where they need it the most. So that’s where these arm caps that I made come in handy. They simply press tightly into the end of the arm until seated on the flange (may require a bit of filing). The wires then run through them and instead of having to bend around the sharp carbon fiber edge, they bend evenly over the smooth plastic inner radius of the arm cap. With these even if the insulation were to wear through, at least the wires wouldn’t be coming in contact with the conductive carbon.

Anyway just a small mod–definitely not necessary, but it gave me some peace of mind 🙂

wynnsquad
    Participant

Here’s a link to the part and file on thingiverse

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1769757

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about the Tricopter V4’ is closed to new topics and replies.