Home Forums Everything about the Tricopter LR At a loss and need help

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Marty
    Participant

I apologize for coming on the new LR thread for the below help,,,,but this is where the action is (with little activity on the other threads).

I am building a Tricopter (first was David’s wooden boom KK2 model some years ago) using Davids F3FC and the baby pdb of that time frame. I am using KISS 24amp esc’s, Lumenier 2206-13. 2000kv and Spektrum DX8G2 with the 4649T RX. Have gone down the dRonin path thanks to a LOT of help from LitterBug but have hit a snag.

I got it to the flyable state,,,,did the inflight autotune,,,,as well as the inflight servo cal. I thought that all was good to go. However, a little quark had been around from day one. The NE esc would not consistently come on (i.e. blue light) when the flight battery would be plugged in. Sometimes yes,,,,sometimes no,,,,sometimes after 15 or so secs. But mostly not.

I start the diagnostic process as best I can. (btw I have them set at dshot 300 in the GCS, though they are capable of dshot 600 on KISS rigs). I re-flash the esc with KISS firmware. No change. I replace with a new, newly flashed esc,,,,,no change.

With the new esc in place I go back to the GCS to find that my tricopter selection is gone and the channel mappings are gone. I change that back and save. Then when I go to Outputs to test my motors and check directions,,,,,the NE & NW motors are functionally flipped. My wiring has not changed! (and for the record,,,,I did give it an eyeball check even though,,,,as I said at the start,,,,this bird has been flying just fine). The only way that I could get the right ones to run when clicked on in the output tab was to flip them in the channel mapping. Talk about frustration…. I have no clue what gremlin is lurking in this FC.

I still have issue with the NE esc,,,,and now created a mapping faux pas.

I have no clue where to proceed from here (other than file 13). I look forward to your thoughts and suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about the Tricopter LR’ is closed to new topics and replies.