Home Forums Everything about the Baby Tricopter Baby tri default thrust factor

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lauka
    Participant

Quick tip for everyone setting up Triflight on the baby Tri.

Set the tail thrust factor to 4.5 – 5.5 before doing the tail tune, should make it easier. I have done it many times on two copters with accurately setup servo mid position, always ending up with a value in this range. This reduces the need for tail tune, should fly ok with this value.

Enter in CLI:

set tri_tail_motor_thrustfactor = 50
    save
    swissfreek
    Participant

Totally forgot you posted this, but glad I found it again. I’m setting up a baby with dRonin firmware modified by @jihlein, and don’t have the benefit of a buzzer with that firmware. My experience so far with the baby is that it takes *forever* to tail tune (even with the F3FC that I set up for someone else), relatively speaking, so I’m glad I have a starting point for dRonin. Thanks @lkaino!

AtomicHemi
    Participant

I was having trouble with the tailbone on my Baby Tri, still could not get it to complete, with an 8 min hover landed and checked the battery was just under 20%

This morning I was able to get the tail tune to complete after 3 mins

The only difference was light winds around 5-10kph on previous attempts versus under 5kph this morning

swissfreek
    Participant

@kgf, yes, winds will have a severe effect on the time it takes to complete a tailtune. I’ve found with the smaller frames that even a reasonably light wind will extend the time dramatically, and anything that approaches what I would call a “breezy” day could make it impossible to complete before the battery goes out. You want to do it in as little wind as possible, so early in the morning typically. The smaller the frame, the longer it takes, as well, at least in my experience. V4 is fairly quick, mini take a little longer, baby can take quite a while (but I imagine it will be much faster if you give it a head start by setting the factor to 5 as @lkaino suggested).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about the Baby Tricopter’ is closed to new topics and replies.