Home Forums Everything about the Mini Tricopter Battery mounting?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan
    Participant

I’ve got a pair of these batteries: http://www.gensace.de/recommend-products/tattu-1800mah-11-1v-45c-3s1p-lipo-battery-pack.html

If I try mounting them inside of the frame, with the power leads pointing rearwards, they get dangerously close to the rear prop as it tilts. http://imgur.com/KVTKVmf

Has anyone else run into this issue? How were you able to resolve it? I’d rather not sever one of the leads mid-flight 🙁

Terje

I normally feed the wires facing forwards and secure them with the battery strap alongside the battery. Just be careful not to “cut” them on the G10 frame.

Attachments:
    Rustypaint
    Participant

This is how David has it in his flight video as well at the end of the build video. I have been leaving the wire outside of the strap. It will not reach the plug with the recommended length.

I know I worry about the g10 digging into the wires too. It it nice silicone though too.

Jonathan
    Participant

I tried that, but then the battery wires collide with the frame. I can’t really bend them far enough backwards to make that work. I guess I could just buy different batteries.

chalurker
    Participant

put an extension on battery?

Jonathan
    Participant

Here’s the solution I came up with. Puts a bit more stress on the leads from the board than I’d like, but at least it’ll work.

View post on imgur.com

LeoTheHuman
    Participant

I just zip-tied the plug to the boom, so the battery wires are below the prop and are looped nice and snug.

PS: don’t put extension on the battery. If you need more length, resolder the battery plug with longer wires.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about the Mini Tricopter’ is closed to new topics and replies.