Home Forums Everything about the Mini Tricopter Battery options for Mini Tri?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    chalurker
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve been ‘patiently’ waiting for HK to stock their nano-tech batteries (has to be in AU warehouse since they don’t ship to NZ from international.) But it doesn’t look like they are getting any, any time soon.

I don’t really want to fork out 35$ for the A-spec nano-techs!

Does anyone else have any battery suggestions that fit at a reasonable price?

for example:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__9938__ZIPPY_Flightmax_1800mAh_4S1P_40C.html

David
    Participant

Hello chaluker

I use this Zippy Compact battery – http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__63384__ZIPPY_Compact_1800mAh_4s_40c_Lipo_Pack.html

My MiniTri flys fine with the Zippy Compact battery – just casual flying so far.

I notice HobbyKing has increase their price for this battery by USD8.85. Last month I bought this battery for USD17.40 and now the price is showing USD26.25. I guess this month they are promoting free shipping and with the price increase, it is really NOT FREE SHIPPING.

LeoTheHuman
    Participant

They also mention that free shipping might not be available for orders containing lipos…

hertz
    Participant

Is it just me, or they have drastically increased the price on most popular lipos? Nano-tech, Nano-tech A-spec, zippy compact…

LeoTheHuman
    Participant

Makes sense. They are always out of stock in most places.

swissfreek
    Participant

At this point I basically only use Zippy Compacts for everything, including the 1800 for the mini tricopter.

Every time I go on Hobbyking for some more batteries I do a double-take because the price has increased, and then I realize I’m on the international product page. USA East and West warehouses have that battery listed at $18.28. Guess that’s not much help if you aren’t in the US…

Jasonh
    Participant

Chalurker,

I fly it’s bigger brother, Zippy 2200.

It just barely fits in the mini tri, but will give you 9-10 min of flight time! (Well, unless you are zipping around near 100% throttle the whole time).

Jan Paul
    Participant

I fly SLS 2200mah in my mini tri. They hold up for barely 5 minuts, as I’m flying arround quite fast most of the time. Seems to be an addiction…
    The OSD I ordered was lost in the mail, so i have to limit my flighttime via timer 🙁

Jasonh
    Participant

Yeah, I have a feeling my flight times might come down once I get FPV hooked up. I’m flying all line of sight now, so it’s pretty relaxed flying. If I ever punch to full throttle, it get’s too far away for me to see easily REALLY fast!

hertz
    Participant

So they admired the “free shipping isn’t free” statement and reverted back to original pricing. Fine.

LeoTheHuman
    Participant

The problem is, it’s hard to find what you need in stock.
    BTW, have someone tried these batteries? They are finally back in stock in UK, but looking at these I’m not sure if extra 15g and larger dimensions are worth extra rating we probably can’t use anyway…

shufty
    Participant

I’ve ordered a couple of the Multistar 4S 1400’s from HK, we’ll see how they go. I quite liked my Horeson 4S 1900’s from Buzz, pity he can’t get any more of them though 🙁

shufty
    Participant

Oh yeah, I probably wouldnt bother with any of the zippys or turnigys (besides nano techs) they will just sag on you :/ Even Nano techs don’t seem to last too long in my hands…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about the Mini Tricopter’ is closed to new topics and replies.