Home Forums Everything about the Tricopter LR BETAFLIGHT 4.0.3 and KAKUTF4V2

This topic contains 65 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  pamera 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Author

Kevin_Erik

Wow awesome video, everything is so green!

Now as for your wobble,

* Try turning down your Roll & Yaw, P / I gains in small increments. (assuming your using Betaflight) Normally you’s want the Yaw to be slightly under-tuned to provide just enough response to get the job done. Keep in mind that Servos response is slow in comparison to the ESC / Motors. Because of this your Pitch and Roll values will always be higher that your Yaw. Too much Yaw gain and the Servo will overshoot and hunt continuously. Worse yet, Yaw, induces a small amount or Roll and Roll induces a small amount of Yaw. Because of this its easy to get into a situation where the two can create a feedback loop. (Tail Wag)

* Look at your Servo PWM rate… Davids feedback servos should be good for “270’ish” to 300. While some of the more expensive Servos can run at 330.

* You servo should run 6 – 7 volts to have the maximum amount of torque and response. Otherwise the Servo can act and feel laggy. Thus making Wobble much more likely.

jihlein
    Participant

You can run the RCE Feedback servo at 330 Hz, been doing that for quite some time now, On the V4, LR, and BiCopter.

Sascha
    Participant

Wow thanks for the fast reply.
    I will take a new turn on tuning in the next week.

Where can i set the pwm rate in betaflight?

Kevin_Erik

in CLI tab use: set servo_pwm_rate

PeterPankras
    Participant

hmm, thta video looks promising!

I cannot get rid of the tail wagging in dRonin. At slower flight it flies fantastic, but at higher speeds it start wagging it’s tail slightly. Not much as it flies great, but the Tri is currently unusable to record any flight video with the tail moving slighlyt.

I might try and switch to betaflight or inav to see if I can get it to behave better.

pamera
    Participant

Hi guys,

Today I’ve upgraded to Betaflight 4.1.0 and I also upgraded the ESCs to BlHeli 32.7 and I’ve tried the new RPM filtering. I’ve made a short (5min) flight to test it and it seemed to be pretty stable. I gonna go fly tomorrow with FPV and I gonna report back. If someone wants to try out I fallowed this tutorial. I also attached my diff file.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  pamera.
Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.