Home Forums Everything about everything else Building a 3D printer from scratch…

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Deepnine
    Participant

Im printing on glas. Pla on pure glas. Abs with the cheapest hairspray you can get. My aluminum plate warped when hot, never got a perfect first layer.

The aluminum wss just sanded with k240.

billyd
    Participant

Yeah I use Garnier Fructese extreme hold #5 on glass for everything works great.

donnyb
    Participant

Well I guess I’ll stick with glass. so far I’ve had pretty good luck with glass. I will say I probably should have stuck with 10 or 12 mm rods for the table. there is a slight give in them. in the states I use elmers glue stick. ive had a few thick pcs warp. but not to a point that they been unusable.(((abs)))

billyd
    Participant

Yes I have a Taz5 and the x rods stock are 10mm and even that is not enough to prevent problematic deflection. I modded my Taz 5 to 12mm rods on the x axis and it’s a huge improvement. Should be 12mm everywhere, especially if you want large build volume. 15mm would be even better. The stiffer everything is the better the quality and ease of use, and the faster you can print.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about everything else’ is closed to new topics and replies.