Home Forums Everything about the Tricopter V4 Buying my first mini Tricopter

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Talea
    Participant

I´d like to surprise a friend and buy him all essential parts for a functioning mini tricopter. Could anybody please tell me what I need to buy – I´m a little bit lost in the online shop. I guess he will need the mini tricopter kit (which board would you recommend?), the electronics kit . . . what else? Please help me – I wouldn´t want to forget about some essentials!

Kevin_Erik

The complete kit can be purchased from the shop. Should have all the basics that are needed.

Talea
    Participant

Thanks for your quick answer. Which board would you recommend? Is the electronics kit included in the standard kit or should I take that in addition?

Kevin_Erik

Far as i know of with the V4, it’s mainboard has a built in FCF3 & PDB. This is a much easier setup, thats proven to be very reliable.

Now if you wanting something else, you could buy two carbon boards and mount the FC / PDB combo of your choosing. The Kakute F4 and PDB are sold directly from David’s shop. Thus i doubt you’ll find a better deal else where for those. If your looking for more of a non-standard build, the Matek F405 STD or CTR do have Tricopter support via dRonin. Combine that with the FCHUB-W and you have a really good system. Keep in mind that those options your have to drill your own mounts into the carbon frame and that other accessories not listed or shown would be required. Now as you can expect, this isnt an easy build and thus very few have done it.

Makn question i have for you is what do you want the copter for? Making video or sport flying?

Talea
    Participant

I guess my friend is more into sport flying. Thanks for your advice – I think I will get him the standard set and he can always buy some add ons himself if needed. You are a great support – thank you again for your real quick reply – even on a sunday!!!

Kevin_Erik

I suggest the Tri-Baby for a sport flier.
    It can behave similar to a Quad in many respects.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about the Tricopter V4’ is closed to new topics and replies.