Home Forums Everything about the Mini Tricopter carbon fiber boom breaking

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mcstan
    Participant

Hi all

I was out with my mini triopter and this was my first flight with fpv on it.. and I lost video and it crashed.. I found one of my booms broken.

my spotted said I was not going that fast either… so my question is was I super unluck with breaking the boom or its common I have to order lots to keep the thing flying

swissfreek
    Participant

Saying it’s common depends on your definition of “common”. I have broken a few. They are quite sturdy, but not indestructible. They can and will break if you land on them the right way. As you get better, things will break less often.

mcstan
    Participant

Hi

thanks for the reply, I order 3 news one’s if I break too many I guess I could switch to wood or is wood better to train with?

hertz
    Participant

Wood’s less stiff and it may not work with standard PID coefficients, I wouldn’t recommend it on the mini, however my full-sized one still flies with wooden booms.

noir522
    Participant

Yea, I snapped mine as well. Ordered 6 more.

one question, whats the fastest way to replace the boom/arm setup? Is there a shorter way other than disassembling the entire tri (12 screws) unsoldering the 4 wires than soldering them up again? It just seems like such a long task for what may be a common issue. Kinda hard to solder in the field.

Chadwick
    Participant

You could open up up the ESC de-solder the power and signal wires from the ESC so you don’t have to remove the wires from the F3FC.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about the Mini Tricopter’ is closed to new topics and replies.