Home Forums Everything about the Tricopter V4 Current TriFlight version for F3FC?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Mikael
    Participant

I just received the new F3 flight controller top board and it’s truly awesome! Too bad I didn’t do my homework before ordering, I should have ordered the injection molded front spacer too. Well, just another reason for buying more stuff from David, I guess!

I do have one question though; What is the current version of Triflight to be used with the F3FC? The instructions on the “Preconfigured CleanFlight Setup” stats TriFlight 0.5 ALPHA 2 to be the latest version, but the board I received says TriFlight 0.5 BETA 2/RCE 1.12.0 (see picture).

Should I reflash my board with the alpha version or are they the same?

Attachments:
    VictorHuge
    Participant

Oh no, please tell me that the regular 3d printed front spacer fits, doesn’t it?

maz
    Participant

As far as I can tell there are no changes to the dimensions.

Even if there are I can just reprint mine 🙂

VictorHuge
    Participant

If you don’t mind confirming that would be awesome as I have the very first one so I’m afraid it won’t fit

swissfreek
    Participant

@lmikaelk yes, Beta 2 is different than Alpha 2. There was a Beta 3, then an Alpha 1 and 2 which are more advanced developments of Beta 3. Not sure why lauka started calling them Alphas, but 0.5Alpha2 is in fact the most recent version of triflight. You should flash that, as there were some non-negligible changes made between 0.5B2 and 0.5B3. The version that goes on the F3FC is the RCE target.

Also, totally jealous you got your board already.

lauka
    Participant

The alphas were created just for testing the reversed servo support. It seems to work well and I will include it in next release. I think the 0.5 is ready for official release now, just not sure about the defaults as I haven’t tested them myself.

You can use the beta 3 or alpha for now, the correct target is RCE. The target name will be changed to F3FC in 0.5, as per request from David.

Would have liked to include CF 1.13 in 0.5 but I don’t have time for the testing now.

Mikael
    Participant

According to the product description you have to use the injection molded front spacer. I’m actually not sure whether the one I’ve already got fits or not, but since I’m not keen on tearing my copter apart just to find out, I ordered a new one just to be sure.

F3FC Tricopter Frame (with integrated Power distribution)

swissfreek
    Participant

Personally I don’t think that’s a bad move. The front spacer is actually the only 3D-printed part I have that hasn’t held up for me. I’ve definitely had it crush in on me when assembling the copter. Sure it’s a personal error because I’m a ham-fisted moron, but given the price of the injection-molded spacer, and how much more robust the injection-molded parts are compared to the printed parts, why not, right?

VictorHuge
    Participant

OK, but does anyone have the 3d printed front spacer AND the f3 controller board that can confirm whether it fits our not?

GAntonjo

I have both the 3D printed spacer and the new F3FC board. They do NOT fit together without adjustments. As I have 2 3D printed spacers, I have carefully filed off the disturbing parts of the spacer to make it fit around the ICs at the front of the F3FC board. OK, It will not be as strong as the injection molded one, but I recon it will do it’s job till next rebuild;-) Take a look at the picture of the new version and compare it with your 3D printed version, and I am sure you’ll see the difference.

maz
    Participant

Just checked against my injection moulded one, it’s the same outer dimensions but the interior is a different shape.

View post on imgur.com

You may be able to cut it out, but it’d be awkward to say the least.

swissfreek
    Participant

It’s also not 100% infill when it’s printed, so removing parts of the outer shell is definitely going to compromise its strength, which was already a bit lacking to begin with. It’s worth a shot, but I’d be upset if it ripped an IC off my control board…

VictorHuge
    Participant

Thanks guys, I’m just going to order one, I was hoping it would fit so I wouldn’t have to wait for the second package, not a huge problem.

Sorry completely forgot to add the text about the old front spacer not fitting during the first couple of days. You can cut into the 3D printed spacer if you want to. It can take it.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about the Tricopter V4’ is closed to new topics and replies.