Home Forums Everything about the Mini Tricopter Debugging the tricopter mini racer – Hardware

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Terje

Topic to focus on the hardware side of the tricopter mini. Lessons learned here might to some extend be useful for the full sized tricopter as well.

Debugging ideas that concern the hardware aspect of the tricopter will be moved here. New entries should be made here as well.

Separating the topics to create a easy to follow flow.

LeoTheHuman
    Participant

So, have we decided that we should spin motors 1 (B) & 3 (L) CCW and 2 (R) CW?
    Have someone tried putting the back motor below the boom?

Terje

Alternative tilt mechanism. Proof of Concept.

Terje

STL files can be found on Thingiverse.

First test flight:

LeoTheHuman
    Participant

Doesn’t help much with the tail wag, does it? Any logs from that flight?

Terje

It improves some aspects, but makes others worse. Cornering seems improved, but the natural dampening that the inertia of the original tilt is providing makes it “nervous” in straight flight.

Turned out there were some logs, but I kind of loose track of them, since they are ALL time stamped January 1 2000 at 00:00. So how many times did i arm/disarm? All flights are 5 minutes, since that is the flight time I get on the 1800mAh Lipo. Can I upload them here? No there is a 512kb limit, logs are about 2mb. I’ve uploaded all the log files from today to MediaFire. My best guess is that LOG00135.TXT is the log file for the rear view video.

LeoTheHuman
    Participant

I’ll take a look at these anyway. (: Thanks! What was the software you were using?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about the Mini Tricopter’ is closed to new topics and replies.