Home Forums Everything about the Mini Tricopter Does this look right- mini tri assembly

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    chalurker
    Participant

Hi there!

Just assembling my mini and not 100% ive done it right

The middle standoff has a 6mm gap which ive stuck a nut in…

Top of frame isnt 100% straight- think terje said to put the prop spacers on the back standoffs? Or did i put the front piece in wrong

pic

Must say overall pretty simple to stick together- fantastic job all involved!

Terje

You shouldn’t have to stick an extra nut in any where (but the middle stand-offs go on top of the nuts for the arms). The stand-offs do not seem to screw in all the way? Are you using the M3x5 screws on the spacers? On some of my eBay stand-offs I had to cut the threads deeper using a M3 screw tap drill. – My RCExplorer kit is waiting at the post office!

LeoTheHuman
    Participant

That definitely looks like the correct assembly. Top plate was not designed to be parallel to the bottom one.

Terje

Just checked my canopy (fresh from the post office) The stand-offs have plenty of threading. The frame is a very snug fit, make sure you push the top plate in place before tightening the screws.

The quality is outstanding I must say, nice job @David 🙂

chalurker
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

Just to confirm: does the rectangular piece that hooks into the sides at the nose go on top of the frame as i’ve done it (hard to see but it in the pic above- can see the edge of carbon and screws)

You can mount it under the top frame and it all seems to fit.

Thanks again!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about the Mini Tricopter’ is closed to new topics and replies.