Home Forums Everything about everything else Dronin baby tri hot jerky tail motor.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    thawk01
    Participant

Hello I’ve been following David video for the dronin setup. I’m using a computer a F4 V2 everything is connected properly and correctly and I followed his video to the T to the point of Auto-Tune. This morning when I went to try and auto-tune it got jerky in the tail motor and I noticed it was very hot so I’m not going any further. I am not sure what is wrong at this point if I’ve followed his video precisely my tail tune on the bench with the tool setup was done correctly, calibrated Motors, maybe it’s something to do with the ESC?

Kevin_Erik

It sounds as if the pre-tune PID’s are way too high. If your using the dRonin defaults then that would absolutely be the case. Try dropping all values by half and see how it behaves.

Ideally, you want the PID’s just high enough to enable safe control of the copter but low enough to prevent oscillation.

thawk01
    Participant

i will check them out, i started over and reflashed/went through from total beginning back to autotune. this time motor temps are fine and the motoor doesnt jerk, but slowly raising throttle the servo sharply moves to a side and i do a wild spin. totally dont feel like i messed anything up, been watching each step over and over.. to me with quads, this is a “roll/flip” of death. imma hook it up and look at this dronin app and look back through. before trying to move over to dronin, and before i upgraded to the kakutef4v2, it worked pretty well with some minor yaw authority issues, but non the less it flew..

thawk01
    Participant

problem was solved, thanks to another post you answered, i found out it was my servo direction was incorrect, it flies! sadly its starting to rain so no autotune and servo cal today…. thank you kevin!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about everything else’ is closed to new topics and replies.