Home Forums Everything about everything else Tri-Ronin(™) & Matek F405-CTR target testing

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    jihlein
    Participant

You have to land in tailtune mode and disarm while in tailtune mode in order for the new value to be saved. The 3 beeps is the FC acknowledging it’s recording good data. I don’t recall how many times it should beep the ack tones.

Kevin_Erik

So need to to allow it more time. Maybe it will do Five beeps after a while longer.

Sorry for the noobish mistakes but I’ve nothing to compair with to gauge its progress. Just being overly cautious i guess.

jihlein
    Participant

Found this, might be helpful……

View post on imgur.com

Kevin_Erik

Tried again today and let it go for a long time. (Minute + of tail tune, 3 successive beeps repeated 15-20 times) Landed, Disarmed, heard the five beeps (not sure if long or short) then set the copter back to Horizon mode, heard four beeps. However the data is either not saving or it fails outright. Current results are the same as the prior flights. (13.8) Not sure whats going wrong here and I’m wondering if there are flags in the system I can look for to diagnose why it failed?

Suggested Changes:

Beeps – The current system of announcement is at best confusing at worst misleading. The short and long beeps should be scrapped as often folks can’t tell the difference in the field. The suggested beep order is as follows:

Tailtune Initiated: 1 Beep loop’d 3 times in succession (beep, pause, beep, pause, beep)

Tailtune in Progress / Sampling: 2 quick Beeps every second (beep, beep, 1 sec then repeat)

Tailtune Waiting for Disarmed: 3 quick Beeps every second till disarmed (beep, beep, beep, 1 sec then repeat)

Tailtune Failed: 4 quick Beeps loop’d 3 times in succession (beep, beep, beep, beep, pause beep, beep, beep, beep, pause beep, beep, beep, beep)

Tailtune Completed / Saved: 5 Beeps loop’d 3 times in succession (beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, pause beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, pause beep, beep, beep, beep, beep)

Tail Tune Debug – I’m not sure if this exists already but having a debug string showing the reason for failure would go along way to helping users diagnose minor issues preventing the completion of the Tune.

Kevin_Erik

After a swim, we had few very good flights today on the dRonin based Chameleon TI & Matek F405-CTR.
    Everything feels very natural and locked in.

Kevin_Erik

Great day outside so I decided to give it another go.
    Did two Tailtune runs…On both MotorThrustFactor = 13.8 (*!$%)

Flew hands off, while the Tri drifted very slowly (3-4m off ground), heard three Beeps, Landed, Disabled Tailtune and Disarmed. (Five beeps NOT heard, indicating not saved)

Note: Only hear Five beeps when I Disarm before disabling but in either case nothing is being saved.

Question, on a previous post you said to Disarm after disabling Tailtune but on a more recent post you’ve said to do the opposite. Which is it?

LitterBug
    Participant

After getting the three beeps during the in air tailtune, I land and disarm. At that point I get five short beeps. I do not change flight modes before landing and disarming.

Kevin_Erik

I’ve had all of that three times from three Tailtunes but yet it fails to save.

Kevin_Erik

After recentering the Servo by hand i was finally able to get the Tri to complete its Tailtune!
    Seems as if there is some difference between what is physically 90 degrees and what dRonin sees as 90 degrees.

Attachments:
    Kevin_Erik
    jihlein
    Participant

“Seems as if there is some difference between what is physically 90 degrees and what dRonin sees as 90 degrees.”

There shouldn’t be any difference, once the physical and electrical setups are correct. I don’t think your physical setup is correct judging by the values I see for min/neutral/max servo position. Sent you an email with details. Think that will fix it.

Kevin_Erik

Will have to take this up tomorrow as the weather outside is too hot and windy to continue.
    Right now it’s 30C inside! Yeah German household don’t often have AC as it doesn’t normally get so hot.

Kevin_Erik

Finally got the in-flight Tailtune to pass after replacing the connecting screw between the Tilt-Mechanism and the Back support. (See attached image for passing score)

Prior to replacing the screw, the Servo rotating caused the entire assembly to warp when the bent screw moved awkwardly with it. Normally the screw should rotate smoothly with the Servo but having it bent translates into the Tilt mechanism warping as it Yaws.

Example of Tail Mechanism Twist

jihlein
    Participant

Look perfect now! Your results match what I would expect for the Baby Tri.

Kevin_Erik

Aluminum just can’t take the stress so I’ve ordered a few 15mm M3 Titanium screws. Currently looking for M3 Teflon washers to help prevent sticking. (These are very hard to find)

Hope to go Autotune it soon if the weather holds.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 86 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about everything else’ is closed to new topics and replies.