Home Forums Everything about everything else dRonin for Tricopters! (TriRonin)

This topic contains 586 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by  Vantasstic 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 587 total)
  • Author

jihlein
    Participant

Hmmm….I was able to download and install and run the Windows version just now, strange.

Here’s the links again in case something got corrupted somewhere:

Windows:
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am7KDquQANJl5mtP6wXJ6Sdkkm-Q

MACOS:
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am7KDquQANJl5mzvzxSHAVau53J7

These look the same though, wonder if OneDrive is having issues?

krkljan
    Participant

Hi,
    Managed to start new GCS. Tried all things possible to flash firmware. But now FC is rebooting when connected to PC. Followed your steps. Even tried rescue + delete settings partition. It is not working.

jihlein
    Participant

@krkljan, I just flashed the ef_f3fc.hex file from the downloaded installer and on my F3Fc Integrated board, it’s working FWIW. Lets make sure the correct firmware got loaded in your case. Here’s a screenshot of the firmware tab detailing the firmware CRCs. See if yours match.

When you say rebooting, what’s the LED blink pattern look like?

krkljan
    Participant

Here is screenshot of GCS.

Attachments:

krkljan
    Participant

Here is video of what happens when FC is connected to PC: https://youtu.be/Hlb9VexnR-U

jihlein
    Participant

Ah…..

The 7 flashes means the I2C bus is having problems initializing. I’ll bet you have the I2C compass connected, but not powered. Try either powering up the compass and/or disconnecting it and see if the board starts.

I’ve seen this with some GPS modules before, in fact the one I have connected to my Matek405STD in my V4 Tricopter does the same thing, FC won’t boot unless the power is applied to the GPS.

krkljan
    Participant

You are right!!!! Connected!

krkljan
    Participant

GPS, Mag and Baro are working. All data is correct. Checked via OSD. Test flight done in hotel room. It seems OK. Not sure if I need to repeate Autotune and Tailtune because all settings were imported.

jihlein
    Participant

You should be good to go without re-tuning, but as always proceed with caution.

Kevin_Erik

While it was so nice outside today, my daughter Riley (5 years old) and I took the Tri-Mini out for a spin.

1st flight (Casual), starts about 2 min in as i had to troubleshoot FPV issues. (Wrong channel)

2nd flight (a bit more aggressive)

As can be clearly seen in both Vid’s, Wag is muted but still present. It’s possible that redoing the Tail-Mech “could” make it better but I’m lazy and it’s cold outside. Overall though, the flight was very smooth and quick to respond. Its likely the best the Tri-Mini has ever flown for me.

That being said, Horizon mode often rolls to one side rather than finding its level. Initially I start-off in Horizon mode and for that it works great. Afterwards when I’m better oriented i swap over to Acro mode till the battery gets low, then back to Horizon to land. Yet at that point the copter Rolls hard and would likely crash if i didn’t immediately swap back into Acro. (As discussed previously) If you look closely at the first Video (just past 5:40) this can be seen as i get ready to land.

Side Note: All of my dRonin copters do the same thing and it appears to get worse the longer it flies. (Tri-Mini, Tri-Baby, and Quad) Thus far only the Bicopter seems unaffected as it never leaves level mode. This makes me think that either the loop isn’t properly compensating for the change in vBat or the Gyro cal is being corrupted during the change of modes. Keep in mind the bench leveling and 30 degree FC orientation was performed.

Cheers!

Kevin

Kevin_Erik

@jihlein Have you had any success adding D-Term to Yaw? Furthermore, is Pitch D also a concern considering that the Tricopters tail motor appears largely responsible for managing it?

Kevin

Bioshift
    Participant

PC link for the download not working.

Kevin_Erik

Try the link from the first page of this thread.

krkljan
    Participant

Monday flight report from Sunday flights:
    Big Tri with integrated F3 FC and witd gps and mag – everything works. Had two flights and have seen no problems in flight. I have just a little bit of tailwag but I think this is coming from servo having little bit of free movement (maybe comes from servo or from tail mechanism – servo is two year old and had few crashes).
    Bottom line it flies remarkably good. Very satissfied.

jihlein
    Participant

@bioshift – not sure what’s going on, sometimes the link works, sometimes not. Looking into it, but no answers yet.

@krkljan – cool, glad to hear it.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 587 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.