Home Forums Everything about everything else dRonin for Tricopters! (TriRonin)

This topic contains 201 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  jaimegil118 1 day, 15 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 202 total)
  • Author

penkypenk
    Participant

Hello there,

as I’m new to tricopters and I would like to try all of this myself. I’m very interested in the Triflight for dRonin. I’m not having a flying Tricopter yet but it’s currently in building stage. The intended FC will be the Kakute F4 board.
    As I do not have Windows or MacOS I have compiled the linux package of Johns github-branch to be able to install it in Ubuntu 64bit as a simple deb-Package. All seems to be running fine and the additional firmware files are also included. If someone is interested in this package, please let me know. Maybe the package can also be provided on a public server similar to the other two.

Also from me a big thank you to John Ihlein for his awesome efforts on development of Triflight for dRonin!

Patrick

Cynrealtor
    Participant

I have the original F3 board that came with the babytricopter. Which file in the firmware folder should I use? I do not see one for the RCExplorer board.
    Cindy

jihlein
    Participant

The initial flash is done thru the BetaFlight configurator, using the ef_f3fc.hex file located in the firmware folder.

Martin
    Participant

What formware do i use for the f3fa top integrated board?
    The firmware file does not have the one david mentions and nothing jumps at me

jihlein
    Participant

The F3Fc top integrated board and F3Fc racing board share the same ef_f3fc.hex file.

Martin
    Participant

ok not one in the current DRONIN firmware folder?

Martin
    Participant

sorry i meant to say the file is not in the DRONIN zip file. Looked in firmware.

god this is stressfull!

• This reply was modified 2 days, 14 hours ago by  Martin.

Martin
    Participant

my email is [email protected] if anyone would email it me that would be great

jihlein
    Participant

If that file isn’t there, I’d be suspicious of the download, may want to try downloading, unzipping, and installing again. I just did a test download and the file structure looked correct.

See the attachment for the file structure.

Martin
    Participant

where did you get it from?

would you send me the file. I dont understand why its not there. Lots of other files but not that one.

Martin
    Participant

mine says dronin dcs

Martin
    Participant

the version number is 20180729. Should i be using different version?

Martin
    Participant

i think i may have down loaded the wrong one. do you have a link to where you got it?

jihlein
    Participant

Download links are in the first post of this thread.

Sending just the hex file won’t work, you have to have the correct flight firmware with the matching GCS to work properly.

Also note that the F3FC is not an officially supported dRonin target, so you must use the packages linked here.

There had been some issues with the links in the first post, unfortunately I’m not at a location where I can check those at the moment.

Martin
    Participant

ok thanks for help. if you can look at some point that would be great.

Where did you download the file when you checked it?

I can do the work around David describes with BETA flight but come unstuck as the current zip does not have the file you talk about. I suspect i am looking at the wrong thing. But i go to the DRONIN home page and down load the windows file and execute. Then i nav to the files go to firmware. Filter for .hex but nothing in there matches. I see the version you have in the image you put up is later. Where can i get that? Or is it not release?

Thanks for the help. I am really looking forward to flying using the Auto tune. I have been pretty ill and in hospital for a while. i am looking forward to flying with my 10 year old son. He thinks TRICOPTORS are weird!

thanks again

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 202 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.