Home Forums Everything about everything else dRonin for Tricopters! (TriRonin)

This topic contains 307 replies, has 34 voices, and was last updated by  tgreer 5 days, 8 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 308 total)
  • Author

jihlein
    Participant

Perfectly normal. When in acro mode (or any other mode other on ground servo cal), the triflight routines are running, and this is the system’s current guess as to where hover trim is.

When doing the on ground servo cal, these routines are bypassed so you can accurately set the min/neutral/max servo positions.

Then, when the in air servo cal is done, the hover trim point is measured and stored.

info10
    Participant

Hi

I fly Multicopter since KK, from there i build and fly much more Copters with 3 to 8 Propellers and many different Boards and Firmwares 😉
    But here i have a Problem:
    Initial Setup etc is all done except Air Servo Cal dont save the calculated values. I did exacly the doings talked in Video, multiple times, but every time i hang Copter to PC “MotorThrustFactor” show only 13.8, every time. I testet to change the switch order but no other results.
    Any Help?

Thanks

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  info10.

jihlein
    Participant

Two questions.

Have you:
    1)Made the necessary setup steps to use the fdbk servo, disable the virtual servo and select ADC2 for fdbk in the triflight setup objects? (Assumes FDBK wire is connected to Rsi pad on KakuteF4)

2)Run the on-ground portion of the tail tune? Did it complete correctly?

Note that you must stay of the sticks as much as practical during the in air part because the algorithm is looking for trim, so if you are on the sticks, you are not in trim, and no data will be collected. It’s okay if the copter drifts around a bit.

In a perfect world, it will complete in a few seconds. In practice, I hover, staying off the sticks for as much as practical for about 30 seconds. Then land, disarm, exit tailtune, and value is saved.

Squeakyarcher29
    Participant

Hello! I was wondering if you guys have tried this on an f7 board(kakute f7). Also I followed the link for the down load… do click the down load button there??? I know it’s a silly question but I’m a noob..want make sure I going the right direction. Any help would be appreciated. I’ve been reading through the thread. Even watched David’s video…he moves fast in the first part of that video lol

jihlein
    Participant

dRonin has not been ported to the F7 libraries, so no, it won’t work on the KakuteF7 (or any other F7) board.

Squeakyarcher29
    Participant

Ok,thanks for the quick reply

info10
    Participant

Hello jihlein,

yes, booth points are done exactly like in video descripted.
    But yes, the hover flight dont comes to 30 seconds without touch the sticks. What David said in video let me think, dont steering to much but a lil bit is ok. Next time we have less wind (more than 50kmh since 2 weeks) i give it a try with copter fly away -> this setup has much power and a small not-perfekt angle result in fly away in few sesconds without touch sticks 😉

Thanks, i report results

Attachments:

jaimegil118
    Participant

Hi Jihlein
    I tried your wiring sugested for tricopter with Kakute F4 V2 – Dronin and it works. Thanks

GPS – return home
    Could some one give me feedback on this for my configuration?: setup , tips, problems,…..
    Thanks in advance
    jaimegil118

jihlein
    Participant

Unfortunately, the KakuteF4V2 does not have an external I2c port, so there’s no way to connect the magnetometer. The KakuteF4V2 AIO does if I recall correctly. I’ll check when I return home, been traveling for the last few days.

penkypenk
    Participant

Are you sure that the KakuteF4V2 does not have I2C-pads? I think it has the pads on the backside of the PCB. Please, have a look at the image attached…

Attachments:

jihlein
    Participant

Interesting, must have missed that somehow. Will look into how to set things up later in the week. I will have to modify the firmware to include the external mag routines. Great catch!

penkypenk
    Participant

Very cool, as I´m also very interested in a RTH solution!

jihlein
    Participant

Wish I had my laptop with me…..

TheZoq2
    Participant

I finally upgraded to the kakute and had some trouble getting things to work for linux, so for fellow linux users, here is what I had to do to get things working.

Clone jihlein’s repo and check out the mydronin branch

git clone [email protected]:jihlein/dronin.git
    git checkout mydronin

Remove the -Werror flag because I got a bunch of Qt errors (see https://github.com/d-ronin/dRonin/issues/2205 for details and https://github.com/rgorosito/dRonin/commit/9cdd97dff2d4b268f4f6d85f2a726ff3fbc42f1a for the fix)

Install ccache

Run make, it will show you a bunch of possible targets. The UI is called gcs and it needs to be built.

make gcs

It will probably tell you to run make install_.... Follow the instructions and run make gcs until it finnishes successfully. build/ground/gcs should now contain a drgcs executable, yay!

You also need to build the firmware hex file. Run make ef_kakutef4v2. The hex file should show up in build/ef_kakutef4v2

After flashing, you may have trouble connecting to the board because aparently dronin doesn’t use the serial port. Follow these instructions to fix that https://dronin.org/docs/development-setup/development-setup-linux/#installing-udev-rules

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  TheZoq2.
    • This reply was modified 2 months ago by  TheZoq2.

jihlein
    Participant

Some updates:

1)Finally got my Windows laptop to dual boot with Linux, can make Linux installers now too.
    2)Added the capability to use CW props on the tail motor in triflight. Flight tested on my V4.
    3)Added an LQG Horizon mode. Also flight tested on my V4.
    4)Added support for external HMC5883 and HMC5983 magnetometers on KakuteF4V2, coded, not tested yet. I don’t have a convenient way to test this at the moment. Any volunteers? I can make a special installer for this purpose.
    5)Some minor tweaks here and there to improve the robustness of the servo calibration procedure on both the tricopter and bicopter configurations.

None of this is available to general users quite yet. I want to get the external mag stuff on the KakuteF4V2 tested, then I will create new a new set of installers that include all of the above.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 308 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.