Home Forums Everything about everything else dRonin for Tricopters! (TriRonin)

This topic contains 78 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  jihlein 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 79 total)
  • Author

Frederoo
    Participant

Is ADC2 pad R4 on the Kakute v2? And R5 would be Rx pads (for ESC telemetry)? The readings in the Triflight data object do seem to be quite out of range (ADCServoFdbk around 18k and ServoAngle -95k).

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by  Frederoo.

jihlein
    Participant

ADC2 is the RSSI pad, ADC3 is the R4 pad. Both work, as I’m using them on my BiCopter. You should be able to use either on the tricopter.

The data object readings will be nonsensical until the on ground tailtune completes. The on ground tail tune not only sets the servo speed (which by the way is not used for anything if you are not using the virtual servo model), it also sets the ADC end and mid points, which are critical for computing the tail angle correctly.

The way dRonin is architected, it’s likely that any available uart receive pin will be useable for ESC telemetry, once it get implemented. You will be able to pick which port you want to use, and then select ESC telemetry as the function, similar to how the receiver protocol and other functions are selected.

Frederoo
    Participant

Just switching to ADC3 fixed the issue – TailTune works perfect! My machine was very stable on default settings, can’t wait to test how this helps. AutoTune on the other hand broke Yaw so much that I reverted back to default. Thanks for the help @jihlein, and also great job on Triflight! 😉

Thanks again @david for the guide, it has some gaps but it does the job.

jihlein
    Participant

One thing I failed to mention – the autotune function doesn’t “understand” servo controlled axes too well. If you apply the autotuned yaw gains, simply zeroing out the yaw D gain makes it flyable.

On the tricopter yaw axis, and the bicopter pitch and yaw axes, I’ve noticed this oscillation after autotuning. On both airframes, zeroing the appropriate D term solve the issue and resulted in nice behavior.

Glad it’s all working now, and now we know what gaps need to be filled. Thanks for your patience and persistence.

nhansen7231
    Participant

I flashed the rc explorer f3fc with the f3fc.hex and I am having issues with my board being connected for about 3 seconds then it disconnects and reconnects constantly. Did I flash the wrong hex or is their something else going wrong here

jihlein
    Participant

The correct hex is ef_f3fc.hex. Is this the integrated or racing version of the F3FC? For reasons I’ve not yet figured out, the integrated version had trouble booting. I don’t have one to troubleshoot with unfortunately. Racing version works fine.

nhansen7231
    Participant

it is the integrated board / frame

jihlein
    Participant

Unfortunately I’ve got no good answer for you right now. I’ll need to see if I can get a hold of an integrated F3Fc and figure out what’s different between the two that causes the boot issues.

vanbierstein
    Participant

What firmware should I use on the Kakute F4 V2 when using this version of Triflight?

nhansen7231
    Participant

If their is anything you want me to try out just let me know

vanbierstein
    Participant

Nevermind I see this video is using that firmware and is included in the DMG file. All good ignore my post. Delete it, its taking up bits now…

wm175
    Participant

Tried to download the dronin from the link for pc and I keep getting a malware message from avg

Kevin_Erik
    Participant

The warning is normal…

wm175
    Participant

Thanks got it to instal finally

wm175
    Participant

Where should I get the power for the servo on a kakute f4 v2 aio

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.