Home Forums Everything about everything else dRonin for Tricopters! (TriRonin)

This topic contains 307 replies, has 34 voices, and was last updated by  tgreer 4 days, 9 hours ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 301 through 308 (of 308 total)
  • Author

billyd
    Participant

The reason I ask is I might add a telefly pro to the mix so I can use my MFD tracker. If the protocol is the same I can share the gps with the teleflypro.

swissfreek
    Participant

Hm, you may have me sold. I noticed RMRC sells some, but they are like $35 (and out of stock) so I passed on them haha. Also makes the already tall antenna even taller.

billyd
    Participant

Not necessarily taller if you don’t mind cutting into the antenna coax and splicing the filter into place. If you go that route, practice making them a few times first.

Edit: I wouldn’t recommend the hi or low pass filter which is a different thing. The band pass filter only allows the frequency you want to go to the antenna. All other noise is rejected. The advantage of the band pass filter is the db drop is very small in comparison to the hi or lo pass filters RMRC sells.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  billyd.

tgreer
    Participant

Hello folks.

I’ve got the latest tridronin release on an RCExplorer Mini Tri with the integrated F3FC.

I’ve followed David’s video on the setup. I’m currently experiencing an issue where throughout the flight in Levelling mode the craft will slowly roll left, so when you release the roll stick it’ll hold at an angle (yes I’m definitely in levelling, not acro).

When I land and disarm, on re-arm it’s back to normal for a while.

I’ve not tried it in acro mode yet. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

• This reply was modified 5 days, 7 hours ago by  tgreer.

Kevin_Erik

Yes..

This is a known issue with dRonins leveling modes. Far as i know of this is currently being looked at. (Mr. J feel free to jump in and expand on this.)

For now, make sure your copter is as level as possible before arming. This will allow the cooter to learn its level with greater accuracy and help prevent the Roll drift your experiancing. I use a micro spirit level thats attached to my copters frame. Works great and there are several really small ones on the market that work well on multirotors.

tgreer
    Participant

Is it an issue with tridronin specifically or in mainstream dronin too?

Kevin_Erik

Far as i know of its the main, which is what TriRonin is based from. You shouldn’t worry about it though. Now that you know it’s easy to avoid, just by doing a proper preflight level.

tgreer
    Participant

Is there a github issue for the problem anywhere?

Viewing 8 posts - 301 through 308 (of 308 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.