Home Forums Everything about everything else dRonin for Tricopters! (TriRonin)

This topic contains 586 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by  Vantasstic 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 587 total)
  • Author

billyd
    Participant

The reason I ask is I might add a telefly pro to the mix so I can use my MFD tracker. If the protocol is the same I can share the gps with the teleflypro.

swissfreek
    Participant

Hm, you may have me sold. I noticed RMRC sells some, but they are like $35 (and out of stock) so I passed on them haha. Also makes the already tall antenna even taller.

billyd
    Participant

Not necessarily taller if you don’t mind cutting into the antenna coax and splicing the filter into place. If you go that route, practice making them a few times first.

Edit: I wouldn’t recommend the hi or low pass filter which is a different thing. The band pass filter only allows the frequency you want to go to the antenna. All other noise is rejected. The advantage of the band pass filter is the db drop is very small in comparison to the hi or lo pass filters RMRC sells.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  billyd.

tgreer
    Participant

Hello folks.

I’ve got the latest tridronin release on an RCExplorer Mini Tri with the integrated F3FC.

I’ve followed David’s video on the setup. I’m currently experiencing an issue where throughout the flight in Levelling mode the craft will slowly roll left, so when you release the roll stick it’ll hold at an angle (yes I’m definitely in levelling, not acro).

When I land and disarm, on re-arm it’s back to normal for a while.

I’ve not tried it in acro mode yet. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  tgreer.

Kevin_Erik

Yes..

This is a known issue with dRonins leveling modes. Far as i know of this is currently being looked at. (Mr. J feel free to jump in and expand on this.)

For now, make sure your copter is as level as possible before arming. This will allow the cooter to learn its level with greater accuracy and help prevent the Roll drift your experiancing. I use a micro spirit level thats attached to my copters frame. Works great and there are several really small ones on the market that work well on multirotors.

tgreer
    Participant

Is it an issue with tridronin specifically or in mainstream dronin too?

Kevin_Erik

Far as i know of its the main, which is what TriRonin is based from. You shouldn’t worry about it though. Now that you know it’s easy to avoid, just by doing a proper preflight level.

tgreer
    Participant

Is there a github issue for the problem anywhere?

billyd
    Participant

Ok when I use the betaflight firmware for the kakutef4v2 my board connects to my computer via dfu and by com port no problem. When I flash to the dronin kakutef4v2 firmware my computer can’t find the driver to connect to it. It’s almost like the vcp is being overwritten by the firmware. When I plug in the board to my win 7 machine it sees the board as a kakutef4v2 instead of a vcp and will not install a driver to connect to it. Anyone know how to fix this?

jihlein
    Participant

For FC<->GCS communication, dRonin does not use the vcp driver. It also does not overwrite it, as that driver is used for ESC pass thru programming.

If Win7 sees the board as kakutef4v2, it has loaded the necessary driver.

Try this:
    With the FC disconnected from the computer, go to the firmware tab and clink rescue. Plug in the FC. Does it find the board? The board will be in bootloader mode (not DFU mode). In the list of partitions, you should see settings. Right click on settings, then select erase. Now try booting the board and see if it comes up.

If it doesn’t, I’m not sure what’s at fault, maybe try removing the kakutef4v2 driver, and unplugging the FC. Might be worth rebooting at this point, then bring up the GCS, plug in the board, and let it re-install the drivers.

billyd
    Participant

Thanks I will try it tonight. What’s happening now is the board keeps connecting and disconnecting. Almost like an interrupt conflict or something. But I am getting errors when connecting the board from win7 saying the correct driver couldn’t load. All of this happens only with the dronin firmware. If I flash the kakutef4v2 betaflight firmware the board works perfectly. Again I will try what you said tonight and I appreciate the response!

swissfreek
    Participant

I get connection drops all the time too on the Mac. For whatever reason, the connection is flaky. It’ll be sitting there fine, then lose link, then come back. Usually if I switch tabs or pages it’ll reload. It’s weird. But it works well enough to do what I need to do.

jihlein
    Participant

If it keeps connecting and disconnecting, it’s likely clearing the settings will fix it. The settings partition may have some “junk” in it from when it was running BetaFlight, which causes the dRonin boot to fail.

billyd
    Participant

If all else fails I have a win 10 desktop that I can try it on.

billyd
    Participant

@swissfreak my drops are like clockwork about every 5 seconds or so. Never connects long enough to be useful.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 587 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.