Home Forums Everything about everything else dRonin for Tricopters! (TriRonin)

This topic contains 618 replies, has 45 voices, and was last updated by  PeterPankras 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 619 total)
  • Author

Vantasstic
    Participant

Got it. Thank you. Learning new stuff all the time on dRonin.

jihlein
    Participant

Regarding the OSD metric/imperial units issue, I made a halfway solution.

When metric units are selected, the displayed values are suffixed with the appropriate units. When imperial units are selected, just the values are displayed, no unit suffixes.

This is a bit of a stop gap until sometime in the future the necessary characters can be developed for the 3 different fonts.

I really don’t have time to test every perceivable permutation here, and I’ve not flown this new build yet. I’ve got 2 weeks of travel coming up, so I’m thinking about posting the new installers and saying have it. I sent to a few individuals who have a little time on it, and it does fly, so that coupled with the bench testing I’ve done gives some confidence. I do expect some nits around the OSD displays, units, and menus.

Thoughts? Let it rip, or wait until I’ve got more time on it?

Vantasstic
    Participant

Thanks for the work on the jihlein. I’m good with the currently working firmware. I’d rather not have something rushed and miss something critical.

swissfreek
    Participant

I think having others besides yourself test it is valuable to get a new perspective, once you’ve established that there aren’t any critical bugs that might put someone or their equipment at risk. I think you might be at that point. Others will always have opinions about this or that, and some stuff may not be perfect yet, but if you’re testing the bleeding edge, that’s the cost you incur. Those who are happy where they are and would prefer not to be on the bleeding edge, are welcome to stay there without having to worry about changes messing with their setup. If you post it no one is forcing anyone to upgrade and try it.

jihlein
    Participant

New installers posted in new thread. Please read first post, and please refrain from posting in that thread. Lets keep the discussion here.

swissfreek
    Participant

Eeeexcellent (damn, the Mr. Burns gif is too big, stupid file size limit)

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  swissfreek.

Vantasstic
    Participant

@jihlein…could you post a link to the new thread with the new build. I’m not having any lucking finding it. Thanks for your work on this stuff. It’s way beyond my amility…

danisaez
    Participant

Here you go:

dRonin Installers

penkypenk
    Participant

As I´m missing the Linux package build, I did this myself and you can download the latest build for 64-bit Ubuntu here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LoW_A2jS7zRX08JCDmcJtLrwApTYWiRj/view?usp=sharing

After download navigate to your download directory and just install the package on your system with the command:

sudo apt install ./dronin_1.d-20190605-40bb068c-1_amd64.deb

This should also automatically install missing dependencies…

By the way: Is there a possibility to make a “dump” of my current dRonin-settings and use them in the new firmware not having to tune everything again?

jihlein
    Participant

Hmmm, maybe my Linux installer did build the correct file, I just didn’t know how to install it correctly (I’m not a Linux expert in any way shape or form, know just enough to be dangerous).

I’ll update the firmware posting later.

Thanks @penkypenk!

You can export your settings, File->Export UAV Settings, will make a settings backup file, but in this case, it’s likely not going to work due to quite a few changes being made to the available settings. I’ve not tried it, but worth a try.

penkypenk
    Participant

@jihlein: Thanks for your explanation on how to export the settings. At the moment I´m not willing to do this as I´ll futher use my old build of end of April which is sufficient for me at the moment…

But of course I will make a copy of my settings just for security reasons!

billyd
    Participant

I have this gps: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012RNLG0K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This gps has the compass built in correct?

I can get the gps to work but not the compass in the stock dronin firmware for the kakute. Do I need jihlein’s firmware to get it to work fully? Or is there something wrong with my setup? I can’t find how to activate the compass. If I try to run 6 pt cal it just hangs.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  billyd.

swissfreek
    Participant

I’m not sure what you mean by “stock” firmware. You mean the one from the first page of this thread? That is also by jihlein, it’s just older. Compass should work with it. That particular compass is an HMC 5983 so make sure that is what you have selected. If it still doesn’t work properly then maybe it’s possible that it was added later than that? But I’m using a build from early May and have that GPS and it works.

billyd
    Participant

I meant the firmware that gets copied along with the dronin software when you download it and install it. The firmware in the dronin firmware folder that contains firmwares for all the different boards that can be used by dronin. So yes I think we are talking about the same thing. I didn’t know jihlein did them all.

At any rate I can’t even find where you can select a compass, so that’s obviously my problem.

jihlein
    Participant

In the Configuration->Hardware pane, there is a setting for ExtMag. You can select:

None
    External HMC5883
    External HMC5983
    External QMC5883

Note that the magnetometer is expected to be connected to the I2C SDA/SCL pads on the bottom of the board.

You also have to set the ExtMagOrientation to match your hardware installation.

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 619 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.