Home Forums Everything about everything else dRonin for Tricopters! (TriRonin)

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 634 total)
  • Author
    jihlein
    Participant

Are these new ESCs? Might be worth verifying they are all setup the same.

wm175
    Participant

Yes they are new and I will do that.

Frederoo
    Participant

@wm175 No w I remember that I had a very similar thing happening to the tail motor, the problem was servo feedback: try enabling virtual servo, does it stop being crazy? If so, you have to check the feedback settings/wire – check a few pages back in this topic, maybe the ADC is wrong?

jihlein
    Participant

Interesting, is it possible that with the virtual servo disabled, ADC2 selected, that you are trying to arm before you’ve run the on ground tailtune? That’s a sequence I don’t think I’ve ever tried, and without the on ground tailtune, the servo position data will be garbage, which could easily cause issues with the rear motor as the motor tilt compensation routines will not work.

It’s just been 2nd nature to setup the triflight servo and feedback parameters, and immediately follow that with the on ground tailtune.

It becomes what I call a GIGO filter – Garbage In = Garbage Out – until the on ground tailtune is run. 🙂

I don’t like adding unnecessary interlocks, but I’ll look into how hard it would be to prevent arming until the on ground tailtune has been run if this shows to be the problem.

Kevin_Erik

On the ground Tail-Tune amounts to setting both the Servo speed and it’s full range. It’s possible to do both manually and enter this information into the system.

wm175
    Participant

The virtual servo disabled does seem to be the reason it would not spin #3. I did do the on ground tail tune before arming it…. that is if that is when you select tail tune mode and pull back on the pitch. I’ve been planning on going back through the setup to try and figure out how to get the servo feedback and tail tune working, but I wa just so happy that it worked at all I didn’t want to mess it up. I’ve soldered the feedback wire to rssi and I was using adc2. Does that sound right. Also I’m using the aio version of the kakute f4

Frederoo
    Participant

So am I. I am using ADC3, that seems to be the only difference in our FC setups. Did the tail tune go correctly? Mine failed after the first move (swipe right?) and produced a lot of noises with the motors. A bit misleadingly it makes the same noises if it completes successfully – it just goes through the whole routine (swipe right, swipe left, swipe left to right I think) exactly like in David’s video. If that fails, maybe try a different ADC? Is it possible to have a conflict in dRonin?

jihlein
    Participant

Yeah the beeping motors thru dshot is new to me, as I’ve always used one shot up to this point. I’m not entirely sure what mechanism in the firmware is causing the beeps, it’s another thing on my to do list.

For the KakuteF4V2, both versions – RSSI equates to ADC2, and the R4 pin equates to ADC3

We’re all learning something thru this……

wm175
    Participant

Ok so I went in inputs and went to rssi and set type as ADC and number rssi/fdt. And followed the rest of the directions and this is the first time when I did the tail tune test that it went right left middle then back right and stopped, but I think it hung up there because it stayed there and did not log anything in the system page and #3 motor will not work till I go back and enable virtual servo. I also tried to put in min mid and max fdbck numbers in sys just to see what would happen and it did not matter.

wm175
    Participant

What do y’all have in inputs for rssi

jihlein
    Participant

It’s not rssi on the input pane, it servofdbkpin under the triflight settings. You connect to the rssi pad on the board, enter adc2 for servofdbkpin.

wm175
    Participant

On the input pane do you leave the rssi disabled?

jihlein
    Participant

Yes

wm175
    Participant

The only time it’s even tried to do the tail tune test is when I set that to adc then set it in systems to adc 2

wm175
    Participant

It did finish like that but I got some crazy numbers…. I disabled rssi in the inputs page and rebooted the board went back to systems did the tail tune. It started to go back and forth like in the video and then got stuck at full right deflection. I guess at least it’s doing more than it was. How long did it take for the tail tune to run?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 634 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about everything else’ is closed to new topics and replies.