Home Forums Everything about the Tricopter V4 Dys XML20A inside Woven Carbon fiber arms?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    bhuism
    Participant

Anybody experience with this potentially beautiful trick?

Jarno
    Participant

Won’t there be any heat issues?

bhuism
    Participant

That’s the reason I’m asking 🙂 they sell them with the argument of putting them in the arms. Was wondering if anyone has put them in the carbon woven arms.

BG:  “Long bar XML20A is designed for the frame with arm tube, suit for the ?10mm tube to make it more neat.”

LeoTheHuman
    Participant

I’m not sure they fit in the first place. I believe they are designed for 10mm ID, not 10mm OD tubes. If you feel like heat is an issue, you can fill the gap between the ESC and the tube with the heat transferring dielectric compound.

bhuism
    Participant

I think (hope) they could just fit. I don’t think I can keep myself from doing a ‘fitting’ 🙂

Can you recommend such a compound?

LeoTheHuman
    Participant

I found one0 here in Russia, haven’t seen anything like it before I moved back, found it in a local electronics store. You can try googling up something that is used to secure electronic components inside the device case by filling up that case. I’m more than sure there is something like it in the world.

Kricke
    Participant

I have done it, but you need to ream out the arms due to inside is not really square and has a lot of plastic from the mold protection (maybe not the right names for it but hope you guys get it).

I have test it on bench and I use 4s, T-Motor MT2208 with 8×5 props and have no signs of overheating.

//Kricke

Attachments:
    bhuism
    Participant

Ha! I love it, cleanest arms ever this way.

The booms I got are pretty clean on the inside btw, but thanks for the heads up.

Did you measure the wattage / amperage btw? Did you run the motors at 100%? for how long?

Kricke
    Participant

Yes quite clean i must admit but for me it was less weight I was after..

No scientific study, just full power a rather long time to check temps not going south :).. If I get time sometime soon I can check W/A/Temp.

//K

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about the Tricopter V4’ is closed to new topics and replies.