Home Forums Everything about the Tricopter V4 Eagle Tree Vector – Crazy twitching from Servo -HELP! :)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Estefano
    Participant

Hi!

I just finished installing my Eagle Tree Vector Tricopter.

Everything seems fine with the exception that I am getting crazy twitching from my tail servo. Its barely flyable…

Any ideas?

Anyone with this same controller care to share their PIDs? Pretty please? 🙂

Best Regards,

Estefano

rd
    Participant

Estefana
    I have been dealing with the same problems. The first thing i did was to reduce the yaw sensitivity fromm 100 down to about 50. That helped but still rather twitchy as you say. The next thing i did was to put a smaller prop on the rudder motor. I have 9 inch props on the front two motors and an 8 inch prop on the rudder motor. That helped a lot. The third thing i did was to edit the rudder throw on my Taranis to a 47 percent expo curve. Made the stick less sensitive.
    Mine is very flyable now but i plan to continue the process by lowering the motor on the rudder arm.
    I am convinced that most of the problem can be solved mechanically.

rd
    Participant

One thing i forgot to say is that the Vector requires a digital servo!!

Estefano
    Participant

II bought thethe servo that David sells on the website. I willplay with those PIDs and report back

Estefano
    Participant

This thing is unflyable! been playing around with it for the last hour… I think I will go back to a Flip32 with GPS and call it a day…

Flynn203
    Participant

Estefano, i am using the standard PIDs. The servo can swing around a bit while on the ground, but once power is applied it centres and works fine. Do you have the most up to date firmware – I am running 11.70? I had toilet bowl effect issues but the last release solved the problem.
    Can you get the Tri into the air? Are you taking off in in 2D+submode? Can you describe more clearly just what is happening.

Estefano
    Participant

Flynn,

I think it’s a servo issue. I swapped over to the Flip32 and the tail is twitching as well.

I ordered the turnigy servo that is recommended since it takes so long to get stuff from David.

Flynn203
    Participant

Post how you get on.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about the Tricopter V4’ is closed to new topics and replies.