Home Forums Everything about the Mini Tricopter Emax MT2204 2300kV – Problem ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    2ma
    Participant

Hi guys !
    I wonder if one of you had bad experiences with the EmaxMT2204 2300kV ? Those are the motors I’m using for my mini tri on 3s. I had a problem that cause my copter to crash, I changed the motor and it reflew. Last week I finished to rebuild the mini with the new kit and I tested it this morning. It flew amazygly well ! the problem is that during the 2nd battery, I noticed that the front left dropped one time, recovered and again dropped again and the copter crashed. Everything is fine, I just broke a DAL 6045 prop but the cage is intact. By the sound the motor made just before it crashed, I think it’s dead (hopefully not…).
    So anyone had problem with those problem ? Do you think because I use a lot of DAL prop, in a crashed it transfered to much energy to the motor and broke something ? I’m running out of DAL so I’ll finish my Gemfan stock.

LeoTheHuman
    Participant

I’ve been flying my mini on EMax 2204 for a couple months before David released his kit and it still flies perfectly, although I crashed it very hard with HQ 6045 a few times. Broke all 3 props in one crash and smashed the battery in another. Motors are still running smoothly, they held much better in crashes than any other motors I have.

2ma
    Participant

ok 🙂 maybe I just have a bad luck 🙁 I’ll do a test later to see what is wrong 🙂 Thanks for your help 🙂

mjpilot
    Participant

I am running those motors on my mini quad with 3s but using 6*3 hq props. I have put it though the paces and still running strong. I don’t know what esc’s you are using but mine are flashed with simon k. No damping.
    Hope this helps.

2ma
    Participant

I had the problem first on SimonK Afro 20A slim (it was the tail motor) and today, first time testing the RCEXplorer ESCs and it seems that it’s back but on the right one…

swissfreek
    Participant

I haven’t had a problem with my 2204s, I like them a lot, actually. They will generate a lot of power, especially with props that big, so make sure your batteries have an appropriate C rating and your ESC can handle the current.

Could we have another victim of desync? It’s almost become like a joke to me now.

2ma
    Participant

I flew today and… No problem ! Well I tried to fly, it was crazy wind and I went out of DAL6054 (yeah it’s possible xD ). I have to say, the mini kit is crazy robust ! my only problem is the battery moving foward in a crash but other wise it’s really good !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about the Mini Tricopter’ is closed to new topics and replies.