Home Forums Everything about everything else F3FC Racing and Baby PDB post build thoughts

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    LitterBug
    Participant

Just put the finishing touches on a tricopter build using a F3FC Racing FC with a Baby PDB and wanted to leave a bit of feedback. Overall I’m very impressed with the design, functionality, and build quality of both boards. The markings on the boards make it very easy to identify and connect everything properly even with the limited pre-release documentation. I did run into one issue when trying to bind a DSMX reciever. I am not sure if it is the firmware “TriFlight 0.5/F3FC 1.13.0” or the F3FC, but all attempts to bind a LemonRX LM0037 diversity Satellite RX failed when using “set spektrum_sat_bind = 9” and repowering the F3FC. I was able to work around the issue by binding the receiver using a SPRF3 flight controller running BetaFlight and then reconnecting it to the F3FC. All other RX functionality works fine. I’ve gone through ESC calibration, flight mode config, tail servo calibration, current and voltage monitoring config. Armed it with props off to verify proper servo yaw reaction and RX yaw direction. Ready to maiden tomorrow weather permitting.

One change I would recommend for the F3FC would be to use solder tabs to select the onboard vs external BEC rather than having to de-solder and re-solder the surface mount Resister. That was not a simple task.

Cheers!
    LitterBug

LitterBug
    Participant

Looks like the issue binding may have been cause by powering the FC by USB. If you are having issues binding, try powering the FC by the 5V source rather than USB. Ran in to the same issue with a different build and this solved my issue.

Cheers!
    LitterBug

vadav
    Participant

Yes, that resistor is a pita!!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about everything else’ is closed to new topics and replies.