Home Forums Everything about the Mini Tricopter Firmware for RCExplorer F3FC

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dave Mak 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

impulse
    Participant

Hi all
    About to rebuild the miniTri. Should I flash the FC with the hex-file from rcexplorers website (triflight_0_5_ALPHA2_servo_release_RCE.hex) or use the new RCexplorerF3 v1 14.2 from the firmware flasher in CleanFlight?

lauka
    Participant

Take the Triflight 0.5 release from github: https://github.com/lkaino/Triflight/releases/tag/0.5

Betaflight is another good alternative, but it doesn’t have the Triflight yaw improvements yet.

I’ll start working on merging the stuff to betaflight when the weather improves.

impulse
    Participant

Thanks. I assume it is the triflight_0_5_F3FC.hex that is the correct hex for the integrated RCexplorer F3FC board?

Was just confused a bit. In the Cleanflight Configurator v. 1.2.4 one can choose RCEXPLORERF3 board and “v1.14.2 – RCexplorerF3” from 31.12.2016. It looked like this was the newest firmware.

Dave Mak
    Participant

The RCEXPLORERF3 targets in plain/stock clean/beta-flight can work, but lack the special tricopter specific code that lauka implemented. If you want to simplify the tuning process and get a tail configuration that works well, stick with triflight until the triflight code can be merged with other software.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.