Home Forums Everything about everything else Firmware/Setup for Micro 20×20 Omnibus?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  falco-fpv 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

falco-fpv
    Participant

So I picked up this board for cheap at Banggood, planning to stick it in a custom 4″ frame I’m working on, mostly just a fun project to try something different (been flying quads for the last 3 years after building a tricopter from Davids plans around 2016).

However, I didn’t look at the pinout enough and I am having a hard time deciding if it is even possible to get this thing working with a tricopter. Here are my questions:

-Is there a dronin (tri version) that will work? I installed the software in Davids Dronin setup post, but Triflight Settings shows up greyed out in the system menu. When I went ahead without it, the tail servo is totally uncontrollable.

-If I can’t do Dronin, what kind of pinnout/resource mapping should I try in Triflight? I have the motors all working, but can’t get the servo to do anything connected to the M4 output of the flight controller (which worked in Dronin).

Hoping someone might have messed with this board or a similar one and have some suggestions?!

jihlein
    Participant

This board isn’t ideal for tricopters. The following “might” work. 🙂

For either of these two options, the connections between the board and actuators are as follows:
    S1 output to a motor
    S2 output to a motor
    S4 output to a motor
    LED strip output to servo

1)dRonin
    The correct target would be the Revolution, it’s rumored to work on the OmniBus boards. It does not, however, support the triflight algorithms. The servo will be on output 5 in dRonin.

2)BetaFlight
    With the OmniBusF4 target, you would need to use the resource mapping tool to swap the S3 and LED output function pins. No triflight support here either.

I’ve never used the Revolution target, nor this board, but the above suggestion is from analyzing both the Revolution and OmniBusF4 target files, so this is likely to require some experimenting to get it to work.

falco-fpv
    Participant

Thanks for the info. The Revolution target did work, I was just unclear if I could get triflight algorithms with it. If I can’t get beta/triflight to work I’ll fall back to the standard dronin and try to tweak the tune.

I’ll give the LED pin a try, that was my next option to try, so glad to hear my thinking was on the right track.

PS- thanks for your work on dronin, you guys that are willing and able to tackle this stuff are a huge benefit to the community!

jihlein
    Participant

I never added the Triflight algorithms to the Revo target as I have no way to test them. Let me know if you get the basic tricopter flying with the connections mentioned above. If that does indeed work, it’s a simple thing to add the algorithms, I’ll add them in the next release I’m working on.

falco-fpv
    Participant

If you can add it that would be great!

I did get it working with dronin, using M1,M2,M3 for motors and M4 for the servo. Idk if there is a way to test the LED for feedback, but I think that may work.

I have some crazy twitching in the tail servo, but it may be a combination of frame, servo quality, and vibrations on the board. I have some plans to try and address some of this.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  falco-fpv.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.