Home Forums Everything about the Mini Tricopter First multirotor, need advice

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    OUTsane
    Participant

Does this look legitimate to you guys? I haven’t ordered from surveilzone before, but PayPal usually has the business name, not an individual’s name, when you buy from a business.

Attachments:
    OUTsane
    Participant
    LeoTheHuman
    Participant

You will probably need to pay the import tax if ordered from HK. Just a warning.

Rustypaint
    Participant

I’ve never had issues with ordering stuff from hobbyking as far as import taxes in the states. Hobbyking shipping costs more than other sights, so the price reflects that some times. I did get my radio from them.

I’m also using this for the receiver in cppm mode:
    http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__24788__FrSky_D4R_II_4ch_2_4Ghz_ACCST_Receiver_w_telemetry_.html

You can also get telemetry out of cleanflight with its receiver. There are instructions on this in the cleanflight doc with using a soft serial port and the inverted flag.

OUTsane
    Participant

Ok, I’ll look into the shipping thing.

Cool, thanks. That looks smaller than the receiver that comes with the transmiter.

ergocentric
    Participant

Just popped in to say the DX6 really isn’t suitablefor anything serious. Unless you want to spend a fortune on the new version, there is no three position switch or flap knob. Channels 5 and 6 are ONLY two position switches.

I have this transmitter and it is fine for foam bind and fly models.

OUTsane
    Participant

Thanks, man. I’m going to go with the Taranis. I checked some of the YouTube videos posted by the really good quad pilots, and they seem to be using it.

LeoTheHuman
    Participant

It’s just a ton of functionality for the price of the beginner level branded TX. I’m quite jealous now, because every beginner gets it and I’m stuck with my 9x, which needs a ton of work to make it 90% Taranis (:

Rustypaint
    Participant

You will defently enjoy the Taranis. I still have my old first generation 9x with mods that is sitting on a shelf. Now to find the time get the mini tri together.

LeoTheHuman
    Participant

With all the wires already cut to length (and ignoring that trimming the signal wire that David advises, just putting it through the boom) it is a breeze to put together. I spent a few hours on it from start to the end and I was removing and then attaching the ground wire back for some reason…

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about the Mini Tricopter’ is closed to new topics and replies.