Home Forums Everything about the Mini Tricopter Flashing the ESC through Triflight

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    schlagbohrer
    Participant

Hey there,

I’m currently trying to read the memmory of my ESC through Triflight. Can’t find the source at the moment, but if I’m not mistaken, the ESC need an software update to work properly. (Please correct my, if i’m wrong)

I know how to switch on the 1wire interface and the BLHeli suite seems to have a connection, but it always looses it, when trying to read the setup of the ESC connected. How do I solve this? Has anybody have a similar problem?

Thank you!

schlagbohrer
    Participant

Edit does not work… 🙁

I should have added the information, that i’m using the default electronics kit.

LeoTheHuman
    Participant

ESCs in the default kit seem to have SimonK bootloader on them, even though they have BLHeli firmware on top of that. If you have an arduino or any SimonK compatible USB stick, it should be working with these ESCs.

schlagbohrer
    Participant

Thanks for the answer. I have the Afro ESC Programmer here. This should do the trick, right?

And I should go for the newest firmware if Im not mistaken? Do we have somewhere a central information place about this?

schlagbohrer
    Participant

Okay. Got it running. And flashed all ESCs to BLHeli 14.1. 🙂

But is it correct, that the default package has SimonK bootloader and the flashing over the Naze does only work with a BlHeli bootloader? If so, how do I get another bootloader on the ESC?

schlagbohrer
    Participant

And should I go for Oneshot125?

LeoTheHuman
    Participant

To flash another bootloader you need an USBISP and you need to solder wires to the pads on the board. I consider that too much hassle. I don’t re-flash the ESCs frequently anyway.

Yes, you should use Oneshot125, there’s no downside.

schlagbohrer
    Participant

Well, yes… Tooo much hassle!

Something else: What except for enabling Oneshot125 in Triflight do I need to do in order to get it running? I hope nothing (still somehow of a lazy guy…) 😀

LeoTheHuman
    Participant

Well, you need to set the endpoints and mid for the servo to go 40 degrees left and right from the mid, which should be straight up. That should do the trick. You should also set up the receiver.

schlagbohrer
    Participant

Thanks for the input. But how do I setup the mid and endpoint for the servo? Can’t find the CLI commands… :'(

And how do I move the servo to a certain PWM value?

LeoTheHuman
    Participant

You can install the latest cleanflight configurator (v0.66) according to the alternative way in this document. Then you can use servo tab to set all three values (mid, min, max) to the desired PWM value and measure the angle. Use servo 5 for that. Write down the angles for straight up (90 degrees – mid), max left (50 degrees – min), max right (130 degrees – max). Then put these values into the corresponding fields of servo 5 and save. To avoid clicking save every time you can enable “live mode”. Don’t forget to save when you’re done.

schlagbohrer
    Participant

Hey Leo, thanks for the quick answer. But I’m right now to stupid to update cleanflight and get the calibration running… Or it’s too late. Anyway, I’ll try it tomorrow again. 🙂

schlagbohrer
    Participant

I finally managed to get cleanflight 0.66 running. After calibration, I got these values for the servo:

servo 5 1144 1970 1557 206 50 100 -1

Do they sound reasonable? And thanks for the help Leo! 🙂

LeoTheHuman
    Participant

Yep, these are very close to the values I had myself. Good news, they will help in the next version of triflight, bad news, they are useless in the current one. (: Lauka had found a few bugs in there, but his fixes look awesome on the flight logs.

schlagbohrer
    Participant

Yeah and Damn! 🙂

But it’s unbelieveable how quickly you guys are discovering bugs AND fixing them. Thansk for the awesome work!
    Leo, can you foresee, how long the next version may still take? I would then wait for it for my maiden. The receiver is at the customs over here. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about the Mini Tricopter’ is closed to new topics and replies.