Home Forums Everything about everything else FTDI / Bluetooth on a Mac

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    hsamuels
    Participant

There are several old threads on this topic, but I haven’t seen a resolution.

I’ve installed the FTDI driver on my Mac, and the USB connection shows up. But when I run the Arduino serial port monitor, the Bluetooth adapter never responds, at any baud rate, either connection for Rx/Tx, etc.

The Bluetooth adapter appears to be working, as they show up on my phone and I can pair to it. But I can’t set the baud rate to 115200, so the Naze32 can’t talk to it.

Any help would be appreciated!

donnyb
    Participant

I have watched this video a while back and I didn’t think it would be useful but I think this is what your looking for… http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KloIY_uKNZM

donnyb
    Participant

I’ve watched a lot of the videos that he’d put up and most have helped me out a lot. Actually that’s how I learned about Arduino and multiwii. I actually haven’t stepped away from multiwii boards because I’ve had such success with them and the kk2.0

hsamuels
    Participant

Thank you, Donny. I’ve seen that one as well. Everything goes great until the part doesn’t respond to the AT command.

donnyb
    Participant

Well the catch is if it would be the same blue tooth board. It seems like putting a quarter in a slot machine sometimes. That’s precisely why I didn’t buy a generic apm2.7 board. I heard that there has been problems. lol Did you run your wire to from the tx to the rx and vice versa? Ithe could be as simple as trying all the baud rates in arduino. If you tried all and no luck it could be the software on the board. I ended up using a oled screen and stick commands. does naze32 support that?

hsamuels
    Participant

I actually have two different BT boards, and tried both tx and rx connections, and at all the different baud rates. It could be a bad FTDI adapter, but I did try a different one briefly with the same result.

At this point I’m probably just going to bite the bullet, take the computer outside, and make the changes via USB. With the flight battery unplugged, of course!

Thank you again for your help!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about everything else’ is closed to new topics and replies.