Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    donnyb
    Participant

Being in the u.s. i couldn’t say a temperature for certain, but anything over 15 watts is way to much. Too hot and you’ll damage the foil on the board (pulls off)
    Larger solder irons is good for the thick wires.

I would get some de-soldering wick where you soldered and absorb the excess solder. I seen a excess solder on the board in your video. If not able to get it easy i would get a piece of stranded copper wire and put a bit of rosin flux on it and absorb with that.

If your not sure how to do it, i will give you a crude instruction. Add a small but of flux on your stranded wire and act like your soldering it to your blob. the stranded wire will suck up the solder on the board. While everything is still hot pull the wire away from your board. Trim of the solder on your wire and do it once more.

Check the back side of the board for extra solder. Sometimes solder can flow over two connections, that’s called a bridge and those are bad.

O to the o
    Participant

The buzzer I was trying to use was a 5volt made for ac could this be the reason for my problem?

O to the o
    Participant
    donnyb
    Participant

Yes. I made that mistake also. The ones like that don’t have a built in driver for the sound. it sort of a small speaker, you may get small pops but nothing else. What are you going to use buzzer for? For monitoring the battery conditions I use a GT POWER 2-8S LIPO VOLTAGE TESTER CHECKER/LOW VOLTAGE ALARM. It blinks and makes a lot of noise.

O to the o
    Participant

I wanted to use it for the tailtune and lost model beeper

Terje

I use the 5v active buzzers on all my models. Great for audio feedback from the flight controller (profile etc) and especially for lost model beeper.

One thing to look out for though, specially on Flip32+ bords: Voltage sensor input and buzzer input are right next to each other, and the polarity is different. Have managed to fry at least one board by feeding the +12v into the buzzer GND…

You can setup most ESC to function as lost model beepers though. 5 minutes of inactivity is too short when fiddling with the model, but too long when you actually want to find your model in tall grass…

O to the o
    Participant

When do i have to pull the sticker off ?

papadkostas
    Participant

If you won’t pull the sticker, you won’t hear anything.

O to the o
    Participant

Okey I read may Forum Pages and i think the weird sequens means that the naze (accelormeter) is dead
    I ordered a new one

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about everything else’ is closed to new topics and replies.