Home Forums Everything about everything else Help need with Holybro Kakute F4 AIO V2 Flight contoler

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    lemarec
    Participant

Hello

I need some help with my controler (Holybro Kakute F4 AIO V2)

The three motors are on output 1,2 & 3 with resources listed here :

resource motor 1 A03
    resource motor 2 B00
    resource motor 3 B01 & save

The three motors work well

after I connected the servo on motor output 4 with resource :
    resource servo 1 A02 (I have listed the original resources before installing anything)

The servo does not work well (it is alive) and motor 1 does not work anymore

where must I put the servo on this controller ?

Thanks for any help

Kevin_Erik

You man need to wire up the servo as motor pad 5 or 6 if your board supports such. From what I see your setup is conflicting which is why the motors stop working once the servo is in play.

Just took a look at the manual: http://www.holybro.com/manual/HolybroKakuteF4AIOV2Manual_v1.0.pdf
    There doesn’t appear to be motor pads beyond the first 4. Maybe try contacting the MFR for advice as they’re most always a work around.

Terje

Try defining servo 0 instead

Kevin_Erik

The contact for them is [email protected]

lemarec
    Participant

Hello

I’ve contact Holybro service this morning

mcstan
    Participant

hey bud did you have any luck yet?

lemarec
    Participant

Hello

No decent response from Hollybro after 2 week ! and I’ve not found any solution from myself (servo work now but 1 motor stil not working)

I’ve bought a Matek F722, i’ll try to use this card !

lemarec
    Participant

Hello

My matek F722 is ok (M1,M2,M3 to S1,S2,S3 and Servo S1 on output S7), all motors works well and the servo too

But impossible to reverse the yaw servo :

– not working on servo gui configuration
    – “smix reverse 5 2 r” give “parse error” !

Thanks for any help

Frederoo
    Participant

If you are still interested, the correct mapping is:

resource MOTOR 1 A03
    resource MOTOR 2 C08
    resource MOTOR 3 A02
    resource SERVO 1 B00
    resource LED_STRIP none

The correct pads are labeled as follows
    – motors (in order): S3, LED, S4
    – servo: S1

As you can see you need to forego LED_STRIP functionality to get the Kakute working. You can also have the servo on the LED pad, but I was going for pads closer to the original ones, as my cables were already cut… xD

The problem was the Kakute F4 v2 uses the same timers for motors in pairs (S1 & S2 – TIM3, S3 & S4 – TIM2) this makes it impossible to share them with servos at different clock speeds. The servo takes priority it seems (which is fine, as you won’t burn it with motor signals by chance). The LED pad shares TIM8 with PPM – I hope this does not affect SBus as I don’t have a receiver hooked up yet. See below for the code – these isn’t any real documentation yet…
    https://github.com/betaflight/betaflight/blob/master/src/main/target/KAKUTEF4/target.c

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.