Home Forums Everything about everything else Help on choosing correct FC

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Kevin 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Pietro
    Participant

Hello, last year I bought a tricopter v3 kit and it flies really nice (with APM FC..)
    Now I’m drawing my own 3D printed mini FPV tricopter and I came across this forum searching for the correct firmware to use (triflight based on betaflight).

Now my doubts..
    I’ll like to use an Omnibus F4 FC and I saw here that there are some problems on making servo and motors working correctly..

I’ll like to use this FC for its all in one (available UARTs, OSD and other things)..
    My guess is to connect Frsky RX, mini GPS (for telemetry log position), tail servo and FPV CAM tilt servo.

I’ll like to use the feedback modified servo available on this shop.

Do you think I’m going to have a lot of headakes?

Thanks for any help
    Pietro

Pietro
    Participant

I am considering the F3FC option with baby PDB and a diatone a VTX/OSD combo.
    Does F3FC have pads available for SoftSerial?
    Thanks

LitterBug
    Participant

How many serial ports to you need?? There are three standard UART ports. The way I have my F3FCs set up is 1)OSD 2)RX 3)Openlog (sometimes GPS just for fun) . There are 6 PWM channels, so if you are running a Tricopter, that should leave 2 channels for another soft serial port.

Cheers!
    LitterBug

EDIT: I also have one of those Diatone OSD/VTX units, but have struggled to find a camera in my mix that works with it.

Pietro
    Participant

Thanks LitterBug
    I’m a lazy man and I like to flash and configure basic things with USB, then use Bluetooth module and this is a serial occupied
    Then Sbus/Smartport ant it’s three
    GPS to register thelemetry on Taranis (If I loose my beloved in the wood) and it’s four
    then OSD and 5!

I think I’m going to use softserial for GPS and OSD as they don’t need high baud rates

For my CAM, I’m planning to use a Runcam Micro Swift, any experience with it or any suggestion for a different VTX/OSD??
    I’v got “lot” of room

Pietro
    Participant

It seems not possible..

F3FC SBUS + telemetry + OSD + GPS?

mcstan
    Participant

do you need the telemetry if you’re using the OSD?? or use the betaflightf3 which I know one of the other guys beta testing triflight 0.7 has worked out the servo port and setup for it

Pietro
    Participant

I like Telemetry on Taranis because I can register data on SD on Taranis itself.
    So for example I can log GPS fix that gives me last valid position in tricopter lost event..

Thanks for suggestion.

mcstan
    Participant

wow didn’t even know you could do that 😛

Pietro
    Participant

Kevin
    Participant

Also what is nice about having telemetry on the Taranis, with an OSD, is you can put on the battery sensor and get per cell info. I would just want battery, artificial horizon, and if I have a GPS distance and direction to home on my OSD. So having the rest of the telemetry be communicated through the Taranis means less info to show on OSD, less clutter in the way of the video.

I need to rebuild my tricopter now that the naze32 is losing support. Plus it could benefit from dshot ESCs instead of old analog ESCs. Thinking of getting the tail mechanism from here with the servo with feedback wire. Checking out what my options are for FC. I would like a decent amount of UARTs. Frsky RX, s.port, GPS, OSD, and Unity SmartAudio. So that’s 5 UARTs. I have a sonar unit if I could get 6 UARTs.

Kevin
    Participant

I have been looking into this. So many new FCs out there that betaflight supports that triflight could use an update for.

However, for the beta2 supports it seems like my best bet is
    CL_RACING F4 AIO

It has built in osd. However, it looks like there are dhost and led strip problems that will be fixed in BF 3.2. If I was to wait that long I would get the Matek board as it has built in OSD and 5 uarts.

This isn’t out yet but has osd and vtx built in with 3 uarts.
    https://github.com/betaflight/betaflight/wiki/Board—FishDroneF4

For you European folks this looks like a good possible way to go
    https://flyinglemon.eu/flight-controllers/39-kiwif4-flight-controller.html

It looks like my other alternative with what is currently supported and currently available is
    https://github.com/betaflight/betaflight/wiki/Board—Flip32-F3-OSD

So now the next question. How do you know what EXT1 is? Where do you hook up the feedback wire?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.