Home Forums Everything about everything else How to film fast tricopter flight?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Terje

I’m having a hard time filming the small tricopters fly by. Does anyone have some tips on how to make some decent footage?

PlanB
    Participant

I have no much experience in filming videos, but seen a lot of them and have some conclusions.
    What you never should do – never ever shoot flying thing with only blue sky on background! Really, it causes nausea 🙂 There always should be earth or something static as a reference point, other way you can’t estimate speed, position and maneuvres.
    Other evil is shaky hands. When you shoot small object moving fast it is difficult to track it on shaking or moving picture. Best of all is still picture or very smooth panning

fastandlow
    Participant

Hi

As myselfe is most times alone on the field i had the same problem.
    Made quite good experiance with the camera (gopro) mounted on the mountinplate of a headlamp.
    During flying (not FPV) your head always automaticly tracks the plane or copter and head movements are easy controllable for quick flybys or smooth movements. Therefore the object most times appears in the middle of the picture. Just dont go to far away from your stand, otherwise it looks like a fly and not a plane on the video. Please give me some feedback …

How about the SoloShot :D? Naw, it’ll probably interfere with the RC/FPV radio links.

But that gives me an interesting idea: using an antenna tracker… as a camera tracker!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about everything else’ is closed to new topics and replies.