Home Forums Everything about the Mini Tricopter HowTo: Recommended settings in BLHeliSuite for SN20A

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    GAntonjo

@lkaino/@dkdarkness/@leothehumangb: Please update this post with a “recommended” settings for TriFlight (latest version) and keep it updated if any of the recommendations change. I guess the defaults shown here are not perfect for TriFlight.

Attachments:
    LeoTheHuman
    Participant

Well, this is the setup that should work. It works for me. I usually use lower beep strength, as I test on the bench at night a lot, but it should not matter in flight. (:
    Edit: I enable Damped Light, for sure. (: That’s the only change you NEED!

GAntonjo

Thank you, @leothehumangb.

I have now enabled “Damped Light” in the ESCs and run a ESC calibration from CleanFlight GUI. I found the receiver would not pull throttle to full value after powering on the tricopter, hence the ESC calibration was not triggered from my transmitter. Attached are my 3 ESC’s settings. As you see, I have named each ESC so that I easily see which one I am configuring inside BLHeliSuite;-)

LeoTheHuman
    Participant

Set max throttle in the ESCs config and in cf to the same value and you will be good to go. No need to calibrate after that.

Be aware that you should not fly full throttle after that as the control loop will have little to no headroom to compensate for disturbances and will have to slow down motors as a workaround, which doesn’t work too well…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about the Mini Tricopter’ is closed to new topics and replies.