Home Forums Everything about the Mini Tricopter I crashed my mini tricopter. Need help.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    mjpilot
    Participant

OK. i was flying my mini tricopter yesterday and suddenly it fell to the ground. i thought my battery came unplugged because i didn’t plug it in all the way. Only broke 2 prop so no biggy. Well 5 minutes ago i was flying 5 ft above the ground and the same thing happened. battery was still plugged in so that was ruled out. after taking the props off i conducted some tests. The back motor will run fine for about 10 seconds and then start jittering back and forth. I have read about the desink issue but it puzzles me why it only happens to the back motor AND i had 5 or so successful flights with it before this issue.
    Any help appreciated.
    Mjpilot

LeoTheHuman
    Participant

Do you have the signal ground wire connected to the FC? Did the motor or ESC came down hot? Did you do anything to dramatically change the speed of the tail motor right before the crash?

mjpilot
    Participant

It felt like i lost a prop. I was hovering in front of my self and then thunk. 250$ falling to the ground. ESC didn’t feel that hot. warm, but definitely not hot. The signal wire is soldered directly to the naze 32 as well as the small ground wire. I was reading in a different post that making a bridge from the signal to the ground fixes the delink issue. please correctly me if i am wrong. thanks for the reply leo the human.

LeoTheHuman
    Participant

No, we were talking about connecting the small ground wire to the naze. I don’t think that bridge will do any good. (:

We’ll definitely need something else to make sense of your problem. I have no idea what might have gone wrong in that case. I’ll probably be testing mini tricopter for the first time this weekend, let’s see what I come back with. Are you running the stock setup?

mjpilot
    Participant

yep stock setup. I don’t know what time it is where you live but i just took a video of the problem. it will be up in 15 ish minutes.

mjpilot
    Participant

Here is the video i took.

flying_zero
    Participant

As much of trouble as it is, might have to try swapping out the ESC or with one of the front motors. That would at least tell you if something is up with the ESC. If the trouble stays with the rear motor, then it’s probably something within your FC. Have you tried reflashing it yet?

mjpilot
    Participant

Ok. will try switching the ESCs tomorrow. Have not reflashed the fc yet. i did originally though.

LeoTheHuman
    Participant

I don’t see a small ground wire coming out from ESC. My problems like that stopped when I soldered it back on and connected it to FC ground.

mjpilot
    Participant

Ok. Just got back from the bench. I switched the front left ESC to the back and the back to the front left. Now the front left motor is doing it so that means I need to get a new esc right? Is there any way to factor reset the esc by going through the beeps?

LeoTheHuman
    Participant

Try re-calibrating the ESCs from cleanflight-configurator. If it doesn’t help, there’s probably something wrong with the ESC physically. If you haven’t changed any settings on it, it’s very unlikely that re-flashing will help.

mjpilot
    Participant

Ok thanks. will try to recalibrate them.

mjpilot
    Participant

Anyone else have recommendations on what to do. recalibrating didn’t work.

mjpilot
    Participant

OK. i was doing a little price shopping in the us and found them on readytoflyquads.com
    However, they are loaded with BlHeli v14.0.0.3 (9.2015). is this the same version the @david uses and, or, will it work with the 1800kv dys motors.
    thanks,
    MJpilot
    http://www.readytoflyquads.com/bl20a-mini-esc-blheli-oneshot
    If i were to get these i would chose simon k boot loader and activate race mode?

LeoTheHuman
    Participant

@David uses BLHeli 13.2. His ESCs have SimonK bootloader which allows to flash both BLHeli and SimonK firmware via one wire. These should be able to work with the RCExplorer motors, as it’s the same ESC that @David sells.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about the Mini Tricopter’ is closed to new topics and replies.