Home Forums Everything about the Tricopter V4 I love my tricopter

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    wynnsquad
    Participant

Hello!

I just finished doing a little evening flying around my yard and I was just thinking about how much I have enjoyed this little copter over the past year and a half. I love the looks, the quality, the flight time, and I especially just love how great it flies! It’s a velvety smooth, swooshy blast every time.

I would just like to publicly thank David for all of his hard work and efforts which have enabled so many people around the world to enjoy such a unique and satisfying flying experience. These forums are a great place to post about questions and problems, but I hope that more people can also take time to post about their successes, great flying experiences, and also to share helpful tips with the community here.

Thank you David W. and happy flying to us all!

hertz
    Participant

I second that!
    Lovely DT750s. Have you rewound them?

This post really warmed my heart. Thank you

Terje

A really nice post 🙂

Looking at your tricopter I just realized just how much has happend over the last year and a half.

Custom motors, custom servos, injection molded parts, integrated FC, custom firmware, integrated PDB, canopy, servo feedback, a mini version… and only @David knows what other goodies are yet to come!

LeoTheHuman
    Participant

Well, so far I love my mini, but I’ve not yet tried new triflight on my V3. I guess it’s time! (:

wynnsquad
    Participant

@hertz,

Yes I’ve really enjoyed my DT750 motors for the most part but I would like to eventually upgrade to David’s custom ones. The only modification I’ve done was to replace the threaded shafts with solid 4mm ones. I might be interested in rewinding mine if you recommend it and have some pointers 🙂

wynnsquad
    Participant

I felt like a true rcexplorer today while I did some FPV flying at the Utah salt flats! Still in love with this tri.

hertz
    Participant

Yeah, I’m also going to upgrade my original Tri to David’s new motors, the other one features T-Motor MT2216 900kV ones.
    The one thing I don’t like that much about the DT750 is the frailness of their bearings, I’ve replaced lots and lots of them during my initial piloting experience. Can be solved by installing a thrust bearing, but then I should replace the shaft as I’ve cut it with a Dremel. Have some replacement shafts from RCTimer but haven’t been able to grind the C-clip notch just yet.

The best tutorial on rewinding the exact same motors I’ve found on the RCGroups:
    http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1892195

I believe David has some prior experience on rewinding DT750s.

wynnsquad
    Participant

Hertz,

Thanks for the great info! It looks like a fun project and I’ll have to look further into it.

OMG that is so cool! Always wanted to fly at a salt flat 😀 Imagine it could be a pretty bad thing to crash there 😀

aces-syd
    Participant

Hello!

Today i did my first flight whith the new firmvare and new setup.

And wow, so mutch smother to fly.

sparky210
    Participant

can someone point to the the new firmware for tricopter 3.5
    i also have the mini tricopter
    both fly great
    just curious about the firmware update
    thanks

Terje

V3.5 and mini share the same firmware: https://github.com/lkaino/Triflight/releases

Might want to lower your PIDs on the V3.5 though.

sparky210
    Participant

thanks terje for the info
    sorry but I’m new to rcexplorer setup
    where can i read how to set PIDs
    especially my 3.5
    thanks

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about the Tricopter V4’ is closed to new topics and replies.