Home Forums Everything about everything else Idea for TriFlight (aka Naze32) Frame V2?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    GAntonjo

Someone who would like to see the TriCopter Flight Controller frame having these functions implemented?

http://singularity.impulserc.com/

LeoTheHuman
    Participant

I hope this is what will happen after @David finds his electronics guy.

Terje

The posting for a electronics guy has been removed, let the games begin πŸ™‚

Please no integrated FPV transmitters! SMA connectors break off, there are different standards, rules and regulations, for different countries etc πŸ™‚

EASY pin access on a F3 or F4 style board would be on the top of my wish list, along with a dual voltage (5v/8v) PDB with switching BEC, alternatively single voltage BEC and a flight controller with plenty of 5v out to power standard servos as well as a lot of WS2811/WS2812 LEDs (they pull a surprisingly amount of amps).

The KK2 was error prone if not supplied with a linear BEC, I think the time of the KK2 has passed?

Maybe integrated OSD and brushless gimbal support, which could share a common usb interface?

LeoTheHuman
    Participant

Integrated OSD and BEC are a must. I’d love to have a barometer on it too. GPS and magnetometer would be better as a separate board, that is inserted instead of the top plate (holding the battery strap). (:

Some thoughts so far:

Probably STM32F303 processor

MPU 6500 on SPI (I2C too slow)

Make everything over spec. Use beefier voltage regulators, diodes and such.

Pressure sensor mounted inside of the spacer

Pins for small BlackBox sub board to keep price on the main board down.

Pins for GPS, I2C, CAN bus and other UARTs

Selectable 5 or 3.3V for the receiver input pins (To power the Spectrum satalites)

Powered straight from the main voltage? – Is this problematic in any way? Lots of voltage to get rid off? Will get back to this

Bi-Directional communications with the ESC’s

Push button for bootloader pins

Buzzer port with spacing for a 5V buzzer. (Fet powered for using a LED in parallel?)

MINI-USB connector – Not micro for better duarbility.

Pads for direct connection with the power distribution board via pinheader.

Not sure about having an integrated OSD. Running out of space pretty quickly. Will look into it. Perhaps a microMinimOSD friendly layout?

Thinking about skipping using parallel PWM inputs and just going with the single RC input, which would support SBUS, PPM and Serial.

lintz
    Participant

The size of the usb doesn’t mater that much on durability. Just make sure that its mounted through the pcb and not surface mounted.

steelquartez
    Participant

Hi @David

This question is probably nearly impossible for you to answer and a shot in the dark….but…. What kind of a time frame might we expect a release of the next iteration of this “Frame V2”?

To be realistic, early March. Chines new year is coming up. Working like house-elfs with the design at the moment. So many things to take into consideration. Slowly getting there though.

LeoTheHuman
    Participant

If you have a design to look at, I might have some feedback. Let me know if you want it.

BennyG
    Participant

Hello Hello,

Got a few comments on items planned for the F3 based board, plus one or two suggestions.

Powered straight from the main voltage
    – Sounds awesome, hope it can supply the RX too. That way a tail servo brownout won’t cause the FC and RX to reboot. Slow tail better than becoming an intertial passenger. Plus no additional wiring to get pack voltage.

FET powered buzzer port with LED provision
    – Yes please! Save me making it.

Pads for PDB connection
    – Like being able to disconnect the two boards easily. Used the servo / motor outputs on the existing board for plugging in power from the PDB. Ideally would like to be able to plug GND, +5v and VBATT from the PDB to the top plate in one plug / connection.

Integrated OSD
    – On the main board? No thanks. Would love to see one built to replace the top camera mount plate though! Could have board-cam power supply on there too (12v from 3-4s) and if you get all major components on the under side, the top side can still take velcro to mount a recording cam.

Single RC Input
    – I use a single port input. HOWEVER… Some of those “Input” pins get retasked for other things like WS2812 LED strips and Soft Serial ports. If you want space, drop the 5v + and – pins but please expose those data pins somewhere… Simple surface pads are enough to solder to. Up front on top maybe? Behind the serial TX / RX? Like to be able to solder stuff on without separating the plates. 3×3 layout including single + and – maybe? Or just the pins that are used for “other stuff”. LED’s are pin 5 according to Oscar Liang. http://blog.oscarliang.net/setup-rgb-led-cleanflight/

One thing I’d like:-
    Have the XT60 soldered directly to the bottom plate on the left hand side up towards the front left arm. Fro security can put 2 slots to tie it down with a zip tie too. Have the rear ESC wires both connected on the right hand side. Neatens up the wiring, and having a hard point for the battery plug makes it easier to pull plugs out. One end is already secured.

For bonus points:-
    On the bottom plate, move the regulator so it’s sideways across the front of where the rear arm should stop. Solder the back of it on for better thermal transfer and it will physically stop the arm moving forward when you dumb thumb it into a tree.

That’s it! Use what you will and ignore what you won’t. And if you need crash testing, you know where to find me… Cheers!

Looks like the boards will be pushed back. Having some issues with the prototypes we’re working through. Hope it only pushes it back to the end of March. We’ll see.

BennyG
    Participant

Hellooooo! I hear March is ending… Can we see? πŸ™‚

(PS: are we there yet? are we there yet?)

If you want another tester, happy to make a bit of time. If not, happy to have an update.

Have fun!

Terje

Slight delay? @David is like a cat: It has to be purrfect πŸ˜‰
    Bow tie

I’m running SPRF3 boards on two of my tricopters (360 and 250 sized) and absolutely love the features/performance (hate the custom connectors though).

I’m hoping for a F3 tricopter frame board more specific for tricopters (no generic pin headers) where you always know there to put your wiring. Clearly marked solder pads – no more pin 1, skip one, pin 3, pin 4 etc… Since you ESCs can be configured through Cleanflight I would prefer solder pads to pin headers any day for a much cleaner setup. Sooooo excited to see what @David will come up with! πŸ˜€

rue
    Participant

To bridge some waiting time πŸ˜‰ Dominik Clifton has just released a new variant of his F3-based boards, the SPRacing F3 Evo, which imho gets quite a bunch of things right (incl. the price tag): SPI connected Gyro/Acc/Mag, CFCard slot, regular through-holes for the ports. Ticks all check-boxes on my list…

Terje

Well, he finally got the price right. Some good things to say about the integrated microSD card reader as well, as is is supposed to not slow down the looptimes in the same way as the internal logging.

Integrated transponder? Nice to have, but at most events you are only allowed to register one transponder. If you can’t move it, you are stuck with one frame which is barely enough in case of a crash.

Looks like the board alignment is now with the with the USB connector at the front. Should work fine, since hardly anyone has their board camera mounted there…

Tried to read the manual. You can buy the board, but not yet get the manual?!?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about everything else’ is closed to new topics and replies.