Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #64675
    billyd
    Participant

    @jihlein I printed this out and as I was assembling it I realized the impossible tilt places the rear motor a bit further back compared to stock (about 1/2″ or so). This would create more yaw force for the same amount of thrust from the prop. Perhaps this has something to do with the increased performance?

    I am going to revise this design and add some bearings to the rear portion of the mount, make it a little easier to print and also utilize a servo arm for the servo motormount connection so we don’t have to rely on printing the female spline. To do that well you probably would need to use a .2mm nozzle. No thanks. Also a 3D printed spline even if right might fail in flight. A servo mounted with screws won’t.

    Like others in the thread I will have to add wire to my rear servo since I cut it to fit the original build.

    #64683
    billyd
    Participant

    This is what I’ve come up with. The main changes are the use of the servo arm instead of depending on a spline (allowing for easier printing and no need for a highly detailed print), and the addition of two 3mmx6mmx2.5mm ball bearings in the rear support. The rear support has also been altered to better fit the LR frame (changed the location of the tie wrap positions). I also toughened up the servo support.

    #64737
    billyd
    Participant

    I have uploaded my version of the impossible tilt for tricopter lr and the dual diversity antenna mount for crossfire to thingiverse.

    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4103499

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.