Home Forums Everything about the Mini Tricopter Issues with Mini Tricopter naze32 gyro and MS5611 pressure sensor

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    DeniTCH
    Participant

Hi All,

I have just upgraded my mini tricopter with a micro MinimOSD, which works great! For getting more information out of the OSD, I also upgraded the copter with a MS5611 barometric pressure sensor. I got this module from eBay, which people everywhere seem to be using. I soldered the module up to the I2C pads and powered it from 3.3V. The PS pin of the module is pulled up to enable the I2C mode, and the CSB pin is pulled low to set the device address.

The issue is: when I power up the board I seem to be able to get a reading from the MS5611, but the gyro is not reacting (the tail servo is not compensating). Sometimes when the board is powered up the gyro reacts spontaneously with very jerky servo movement .

I soldered off the MS5611 3.3V wire and the copter returned to normal. Although, the board still recognizes the MS5611 and even shows a curve when connected to the PC (I assume that the chip still gets some power through the I2C pullups and the built-in protection diodes).

I am using David’s recommended setup, values and firmware. Does anyone have an idea of what this behaviour could be caused by? Could it have something to do with the flight controller loop time? The MCU not being able to service read the gyro and the baro fast enough?

The only other thing I can think of is the MS5611 board having I2C pullups, which effectively are parallel with the naze built-in pullups and result in a harder pull-up of the lines.

I look forward to any suggestions
    Best regards, Denis

Try removing the MS5611 pull-ups to se it that works. Also changing the address on the MA5611 might work.

DeniTCH
    Participant

Removing the pull-ups seems to have done the trick, changing the I2C address does not work at all – the gyro is then completely inactive. Well, time to see if it works in flight. Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about the Mini Tricopter’ is closed to new topics and replies.