Home Forums Everything about the Tricopter LR LR Arms fold up on anyone? Any solutions?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    adamcooney1
    Participant

Does anyone have an elegant solution to prevent the arms on the LR from folding during flight. I know David says there is no force acting on them but that must only apply if you have an awesome beard and you’re flying in Sweden. Here in Colorado that force exists. It’s happened twice (I think) since it doesn’t land softly after this occurs it kind of hard to seperate pre crash from post. I was going to 3D print a little triangle piece to sandwich between the two lower plates in front of the arm bases and anchor it to the frame. That makes it pretty permanent which in that case I might as well drill two holes through the frame and screw the arms down permanently. Just wondering.

danisaez
    Participant

Hi Adamcooney1, I had the same problem once and I almost destroyed my tri, so I designed and printed these to prevent the arms from folding. You can attach them with a zip tie.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3679159

PeterPankras
    Participant

I have no problems with the arms folding during flight.
    There is enough friction to keep them in place.

I think it’s a bad idea to fix them in place as the folding machanism also prevents the arms from breaking during a crash.

Maybe it is because I live closer to Sweden and I’m trying to grow a beard but I have no problems (so far)

adamcooney1
    Participant

Thanks @danisaez,
    I printed out a couple of sets for my two LRs. Well designed and they fit equally as well.

Thanks,

Adam

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.