Home Forums Everything about the Mini Tricopter Mini Tri with SPRacing F3

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    norwenkel
    Participant

Dear All,

I would like to build up The Mini Tri with one of my SPRacing F3 FC´s. Therefore just a may be have two silly question:
    Are there any mounting holes for the FC in the Frame board or do I have to make them by myself?
    Is is possible or make sense to use a 3S setup with the recommended electronic and motor kit.

Thanks for the answer

Norbert

LeoTheHuman
    Participant

There are no mounting points. Suggested way of mounting this stuff is a double-sided sticky tape. Drilling holes might be a bad option, I don’t see a square pattern large enough, that doesn’t interfere with the front booms folding area.

Terje

It is possible to fit a 36×36 FC on the G10 top plate of the mini (done it while testing).

3S with the recommended electronics and motor kit is not a great solution.

1800Kv@4S = 26640rpm
    1800Kv@3S = 19980rpm

You would have no punch out power. Even with 2300Kv motors, the frame is pretty heavy for a 3S setup. I’ll try a setup on 3S with DYS1806 2300Kv motors once I get the spare time.

LeoTheHuman
    Participant

I tried putting 3S 2200 into my freshly built mini yesterday. At 450g without the battery it hovered above half throttle, which is not great.

I tried 3S on the stripped down version before, which didn’t have the canopy or the battery tray, it flew great, but there’s no safe way to attach FPV to it. I used EMax 2204 & HQ 6045. Will definitely try to put a canopy on it, we’ll see how it goes, but I guess it will require 4S then.

norwenkel
    Participant

Thanks a lot for your input. That´s help a lot. 4S seems to be the way to go.

Terje

@LeoTheHuman I am running an experimental 3S setup with a light version of the mini. 2mm plywood frame and canopy. 250mm MTM. 2204 2300Kv MultiStar Elite. 12A Spider ESCs. 1400MAh 3S 40C lipo. 20AWG wiring. Great for casual flying with a Mobius. No racer though.

LeoTheHuman
    Participant

What’s the weight without the battery and Mobius? I’d like to compare to my stock integrated frame and PDB version. Don’t think that the plywood will give much weight savings…

Terje

My light version weighs 379g without battery and mobius. As you can see I have used a Flip32+ (36x36mm) as flight controller.

Attachments:
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about the Mini Tricopter’ is closed to new topics and replies.