Home Forums Everything about the Tricopter V4 mk 1 tricopter help

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Martin 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Martin
    Participant

Hi
    I have a older mk 1 tricopter with intergrated top board the old one. What firmware and version of cleanflight do I need?

Also I will need to put it in boot mode. On the board it only has one pad to put it into boot mode. Where do I short this to? I need all this as I have not flown it for a few years and need to change to futaba.

I’ve sent David a message a few weeks ago but not heard back.

Martin
    Participant

in fact its a mk4 with the board without distribution. this is on the lower board.

Anyone know where I would fine the info I need pin pots?

Kevin_Erik

Most of us have moved onto dRonin from clean / beta / tri-flight. Odds are if its the F3FC controller then its likely to work for you.

Martin
    Participant

hi my problem is my esc don’t do one shot they are older standard. I know its not latest but I was happy with the performance.

I don’t have money to spend on new board and esc at this time. Post Christmas pay slump is bad. And the kids want food and that !

jihlein
    Participant

If you have the F3Fc Integrated board with the F3 processor, you can load the dRonin code. It will work with the older ESCs just fine.

If it’s the Integrated board with the F1 processor, then dRonin will not work, F1 targets are not supported.

Martin
    Participant

I realise this may seem stupid but how would I know?

Martin
    Participant

I think its the older one what firmware do I need? and through cleanflight?

Thanks for helping.

Kevin_Erik

Post which ESC’s your currently using. Odds are it can do at least 1-Shot and Multi-Shot. Yet, if its available you’d want to use D-Shot. Reason being, its update rate is really good while not requiring ESC calibration.

Side note: The newer Aikon 32 bit 35 Amp ESC’s run about $19-20 each yet are 100% worth the investment.

jihlein
    Participant

Take a closeup picture of the board that details the processor chip, we should be able to tell from that. You are looking for STM32F1xx or STM32F3xx markings on the processor.

Martin
    Participant

Hi
    I assume you mean on the chip. If so first line is stm32f, 103cbt on the line below.

jihlein
    Participant

Yes, and that means it’s the older F1 version of the board. So dRonin is out for a firmware option as it does not support F1 targets.

I built Triflight for the RCE F1 at both the 0.5-beta3 and 0.7-beta3 revisions. Both run on the board, although I can’t find a configurator that will work with 0.5-beta3 (honestly I didn’t look too hard either).

I was able to look at 0.7-beta3 and it will support “normal” PWM ESCs. I would assume the same for 0.5-beta, so these look like your 2 firmware options.

Since I built them, I attached the 2 hex files to this post.

Attachments:
    1. triflight_NAZE.zip

Martin
    Participant

Arrg.

Thanks so much. Small issue i could not get it to flash. It said imactive. Ia there a boot i can short? Where is it and how?
    Also i done sone thingstupid. I dropped the y copter and yanked the usd off.

If i cut a usb cable can i attach to power rx and tx? Anyone know what colours are what in a usb cable.

I am going to suck it up and buy a new one.

Will i get away with the old esc? I will buy the feedback servo.

Martin
    Participant

I give in. I soldered the boot link to 3.3v.No joy.

If buy the current board i assume will no longer need the power lower board i currently have?

thanks for all the help and patience. Its been appreciated.

Martin
    Participant

So i have ordered the new top board and servo. I am hoping my old esc will work.

Is david still working on his tri coptor designs?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.