Home Forums Everything about everything else Möbius trouble

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    2ma
    Participant

Hi guys !
    I need your knowledge 🙂
    I have a Möbius, lens B. Yesterday put in it the last firmware (3.something) and now the cam doesn’t work anymore. When I press the power button I only have a frozen blue led. I tried formatting my card 100 times at least. My computer also don’t recognize the mobius anymore. I put the .bin of 3. or 2.25 firmware version and when I press power button with the firmware in the card, I have un solid blue light, then it blick blue, solid again and turn off. After I have a yellow led on, like if it works but I can’t film nor change mod …
    Any idea what is wrong ?

donnyb
    Participant

Hi 2ma! I’ve seen article on rcgroups about the firmware. I would get a sdcard reader plug it in to you computer and drop firmware 1.20 on the card. Not using the mobius. Plug the sd card in to the mobius. Hold the power button till it blinks. Let go of the button.

Some of the newer firmware isn’t that great. And if it works fine don’t change it.

I updated mine one time, only to switch back.

Hope that helps.

2ma
    Participant

hi @donnyb 🙂 Thank for your help I’ll try that this afternoon 🙂 I hope it will work, even if I already ordered a XiaoMi Yi on Banggood for only 14$ more than a mobius xD

2ma
    Participant

Hey ! Just an update, I tried @donnyd’s methode but it didn’t work… I saw the blue led blinking during a time, then it switch off and to finish solid yellow led but no button responding 🙁

donnyb
    Participant

Hey don’t give up hope yet. Something else you may try. Now it has the firmware and seems like it installed ok. Pop open the case with a #0 Philips screw driver and remove the two screws on the bottom. Gently pry the case apart and pull the battery connector off and Waite a minute. Then put the connector from the battery back on. Hit and hold on the power button for 2 seconds. It may boot up.

2ma
    Participant

I already try it and nothing 🙁 I’ll try again this week end 🙂 I also disconnect and reconnect the lens but still nothing. I tried all firmware from 1.13 I think but know it doesn’t boot at all.

Well, it’s not that bad (only 70$, almost a V3 kit :'( ), if it works again I’ll have 2 cam, one on the tri, one on my hand 😀

2ma
    Participant

Hum…
    Little question, should I hit and hold the power button with or without the sd card ?

donnyb
    Participant

Hey I wwould get a sd card with nothing on it and put it in the mobius. If the mobius software is responding to your camera you may try to format the card with the mobius software. Actually if you have the video out cable if the yellow light is on it may be putting out a live video signal!
    If that don’t get the buttons working. There is a forum on rc groups with everything you may come a crossed.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1904559

You may be able to save it.

Bit if not don’t feel bad, it wasn’t a gopro!

Hey when you get some footage from the new camera maybe do a review with some footage and a few photos.

2ma
    Participant

Thank you a lot 🙂 I’ll take a look 😉

I’ll take some footage and pictures as soon as the Yi is in my mailbox :p

2ma
    Participant

Good news, I managed to switch it on ! But I only have the Orange led frozen + the back red one…
    I can start recording 🙁 to switch it on I had to open it, disconnect battery + lens, I format sd card and connect to the computer with the lens but without battery I had a blue led. I disconnected, reconnect the battery and hold power button : blue, then 2 blinks of the back one and then static orange like normal but it doesn’t start recording when I press the button…

I should have never instal the 2.33 firmware 🙁 I contacted Hobbyking to see if I can return it but then want the package and everything, wich I don’t have anymore…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything about everything else’ is closed to new topics and replies.